Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have 01 g20 p11 with a no start
Have new battery new fuel pump I checked
All the fusses. It will turn over with starter fluid
Just won’t stay running

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a procedure for testing the electrical side of things for the fuel pump in the tech manual. It's basically two relays and the ecu.

If the fuses are both good and the pump is getting electric then you might try installing a pressure gauge downstream of the fuel filter. You can rent one for free from Auto Zone. I think it's like $150 deposit. Normal fuel pressure should be roughly 30 something psi. The tech manual has the exact number. It should start with around 10 psi. When you first turn the key it should pop up in pressure and then build as the engine turns over. Again there is a procedure in the tech manual.

If you're not getting pressure there are only a few things it could be. Pump, filter, lines, integral check valve, regulator. If you are getting pressure then maybe it's an injector issue.

You can download the tech manual for free. I just went through all this for mine to resolve a hard starting issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a procedure for testing the electrical side of things for the fuel pump in the tech manual. It's basically two relays and the ecu.

If the fuses are both good and the pump is getting electric then you might try installing a pressure gauge downstream of the fuel filter. You can rent one for free from Auto Zone. I think it's like $150 deposit. Normal fuel pressure should be roughly 30 something psi. The tech manual has the exact number. It should start with around 10 psi. When you first turn the key it should pop up in pressure and then build as the engine turns over. Again there is a procedure in the tech manual.

If you're not getting pressure there are only a few things it could be. Pump, filter, lines, integral check valve, regulator. If you are getting pressure then maybe it's an injector issue.

You can download the tech manual for free. I just went through all this for mine to resolve a hard starting issue.
Hey thanks for info will run through the steps
And see what happens .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anything is possible, but if it runs briefly off starter fluid, but not without then it sounds fuel related.

Probably worthwhile to check the fuel pressure.

If you can't get access to a fuel pressure gauge you could disconnect the fuel line down stream of the fuel filter and run it into a gas can. Have someone crank the engine while you check for flow. At least then you'll know if you're getting fuel and roughly how much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts