Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

2001 g20t p0105

Tags
baro map p0105
9K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  mmonse007 
#1 ·
Hello all- I am new to the site, but like what i've seen. I am working on a 2001 infinity g20t. It keeps throwing a P0105, map/baro circuit malfunction. I have access to Alldata, and it tells me that the MAP sensor is located in the ECU and isn't serviced. If you follow the flow chart diagnostics, it says to clear the code, and it comes back, it needs an ECU. I spent over $800 on a new ECU and had it programmed and the code came right back. Doing a little bit more digging, I found that there is a barometric sensor located in the rear of the car, near the canister. I replaced that. Still the code came back. Right now i am really baffled, and I read through this site and come up with some different answers than what I was able to come up with.

I was hoping that someone here has some specific advice for this car. I am trying to fix it for a friend of mine, and have spent alot of their money trying to fix this problem. I am no slouch when it comes to fixing cars, but i am having alot of issues getting some decent information on it.

Thank you very much.
Adam
Olds.Gbody@comcast.net

#4 ·
haha all these DE people popeing up.
If you are near the newark area some time i could look at the car for ya. the map sencor is in the sengine bay and some times the map and buro syliniod is at fault. and not the sensor

I have my own scaner that reads live data and on sat,s i can use the nissan consolt at porter nissan. i used to work for nissan dealers for around 6 - 7 years.

#5 ·
well, it looks like there is a bracket where there should be a map sensor bolted to it. it is bolted to the air flow meter/air box. but the bolt holes look like there hasn't been anything bolted to it in a long time, if ever. I've torn the engine compartment apart, looking for a connector, vacuum hose, taped up harness, something that would lead me to beleive that it has been modified.

i forgot to mention that i talked with a guy that works at a nissan dealership and he told me the same thing that alldata said when he looked up the diag info on p0105 for this model. So it looks like alldata got their info from niissan/infinity so that would mean that the factory's diag information was wrong for that year as well.

i am really confused.
thanks so far to all that have taken the time to try and help. i will definitely keep you guys posted when/if i find the answer.

adam
olds.gbody@comcast.net

#6 ·
P10det is your man, set up a meeting wirh him and this problem will be fixed soon.

#7 ·
I don't have any pics. If your missing the sensor then that is your problem. Look at the FSM for where the hoses go on your year and put that back in your car. You should be good after that.

#10 ·
bump this. I cant remember this or not but. Some one confirm if the 2000+ cars
did not have the boost sencor.

something telss me it was in the 99's onlly.
some one please confirm.

i think the code may mean something else
im trying to call a freind to chedk the infiniti assit

#11 ·
99's had it on the firewall and the RR had it by the intake. This is a defineate because I remember Koojo posting up pics of his sensor before. I will see if I can find them.

#12 ·
well, all of my research shows that this car doesn't have one. p10det, i would like to take you up on the offer to have you look at it.

I told my friend today the whole truth. That i spent alot of their money and still haven't fixed it. they were nice about it, but you can tell they are still pissed.

On the same subject, is a used ECU for an 01 g20t worth anything? It cost me over $800 for it, i figure its worth 2-300 for a good used one.

thanks for all the replies.
Adam

#14 ·
RR is a term used herd as roller rocker engine. My resurch shows as of today listed that infiniti assist shows the code as current that all years of p11's most likely had the sencor.
now from doing another surch i read something about the b15 sentra with the same engine and came across a post that says some have it and some dont. not sure how true it is but is raises a Q untill i look at the car.

you did leave me a mail about you were going to call me today. i had not received a call.

the ecu is worth something to the people who have the rare falure from the iac problem

I would prefer you hold onto any parts you have removed and or replaced so i can document them. i want to see them.
im very od as i like to keep track of part#s if i find a part differents for some reason

#16 ·
thanks grim. im going to be looking at this car thurs.
what i thougt is that it was possible that some have it and some dont. wont know untill i see the car. than i go to infiniti and talk to a few really exelent old timer techs i know.
if it is not streight forward im going to assume the wrong ecu is in the car.
either way im going to help him figuer this out

#18 ·
I can't see nissan putting the bracket on and not the sensor. Or putting the sensor on some but not others. I'm guessing previous owners have removed the sensors.

#19 ·
do you think it may have something to do with CA emissions vs federal emissions? I do not know why someone would remove a vital sensor like a map sensor. but i've been wrong before. p10det is on the case, and we'll get it figured out. i'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

adam

#21 ·
Even if they didnt have the boost sensor, they wouldnt all be perpetually driving aroud with the CEL light on. I know the ones that dont have the sensor dont have the bracket. So if you have the bracket and no sensor thats probably the problem. However the way you'd REALLY be able to tell, is if the harness plug that connects to that sensor is just lying somewhere in the engine bay. Then you know there's supposed to be something there

#22 ·
ok i looked at the car and this is what I found. first off the guy informed me that the ses light bulb was removed before the customer buoght the car in FL a non emisions state.
second the car had been involved in a front end collision i spoted a really good repiar don but in the same sence a repare was done.
the car has had a maf installed before he say it and iac and ecu replaced before he saw it.
he had replaced a bad cat and has a current bad rear 02 sencor.

the car has a braket for the sencor but its prodate was 10/00 sold as a 01 wich could explain it. his harnnes does not have any provisions for the sencor. ferther more the harness apears to be origanal with minor mangledness to the front body harness far away from the colision would be the engine harness.

what i think happen is the iac died in this cars lif befoer are after accedent dodt know.
i think the iac valve killed the ecu as i have seen it on the same system plenty of time,s
he shoed me the ecu that was in the car when he got it and it was a used ecu from another car. When he got a new ecu i think he got the wrong ecu for the car from the parts depatment and it might be due to its pro date.
other option it the harnness was replaced with the wrong harness and other parts were removed. less likely. their are only 2 options to repiar the car. option 1 find the ecu to work with the no map sencor car most likely an ecu extange at no furter cost. Or option 2 i get the pins and the sencor and connector and wire in the soncor to the car. both will work and fix this problem. i have documented the vin prodate and all the part #'s i can find the exact real problem for what the car came with.
i might ad the big peace of info i had found was the foctory vac cap on the air box for the sencor vac line. i find it hard to beleave the harnees and the air box was changed. if it did it was all from the same used car and the ecu was changed from anither car for another problem.
i will prove the exact info on its history for info hear but i fill fix the car for the least cost option.
the guy that has posted hear is no noob to cars infact 13 years a GM tech. i had infact found and given him more info than he expected and he knows the car will be fixed shortly

#23 ·
Just got home from having P10det look at this g20t. He does know what he is talking about and really seems to enjoy figuring these things out. Hopefully he will help find an answer, (and hopefully it isn't too expensive!) I really appreciate all the help this forum has given me. At least i can take pride in the fact that this doesn't appear to be a run-of-the-mill problem. I didn't want to appear to be a dumb-ass for something simple.

Thanks again, mike. I do appreciate the effort.
adam

#24 ·
No problem sir, im on it.I would not expect many people to diag a car with mixed and matched parts. Its like diaging a missbuild from the factory. i had a titan when they came out that was missbuilt and it kicked my ass. the dealer buoght it back after i proved it and never got to find out how many mixed and matched parts were really in it. it was more than a few i can tell you.
my promise is the car will be fixed with as little money posible. the problem is narrowed down. its either no cost for ecu extange are we wire the sencor in, the wire parts are inexpensize but may take time to get. the sencor is the most expensive part. wireing is as simple as getting the parts and going from the diagrams. 5v suply regular grd and signal to ecu. simple simple. the work is doing a clean problem free repair

oh and yes i like to find all the most od problems. i love a good challenge some times

#25 ·
i just talked to mark in the parts dept at porter infinity. he told me there was only one listing on an ecu for this car with an automatic transmission. he also told me that there isn't a listing for a map sensor for this vehicle. he told me the only things that are shown in the area of the air box is the maf and the iat. i asked him to take the vin filter off of his computer to check again, and he said the same thing- only one listing for an auto car and no map... so the mystery continues.

adam

#26 ·
If you asked for a MAP that is why he couldn't find it. I believe the nissan system refers to it as a boost sensor. Use that term or pressure sensor.

#28 ·
he looked at a picture of the engine compartment. I gave him all the names i can think of- map, boost, pressure. only boost sensor is the one back by the canister.

mike- yeah i'm not saying that it isn't wrong. I'm just saying that the part we looked up the 1st time SHOULD be right. whether i got the right one or not remains to be seen. I'd be interested in hearing what an infinity tech has to say about it. there might be a simple fix for it that we are all overlooking. who knows, right?

I've gotta tell ya, this has been the best forum i've ever dealt with. you guys just jump right in on this. it's awesome.
thanks
adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.