Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the new euro lowrider and they have a project sentra where they bolt on a stillen high flow filter. the 2001 sentra se has a larger plastic M.A.S with only one tube through it. My 99 G20 has an aluminum M.A.S. with one medium hole and one small hole. does anybody have the 2001 infiniti or sentra and does it have the plastic M.A.S. and is it compatible with the 99. I know that the M.A.S. doesn't need to be upgraded till alot more HP than I have but from looking at the picture in Euro lowrider the 2001 should be alot less restrictive than mine and it has to be good for alittle HP or torque. If a CAI helps free up air then that would have to help a little.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
the MAF you mean, I got schooled on this one so take it from me....it will do you no good to switch it out. The sensor will give you incorrect readings and tend to make things worse. Unless your running STUPID HP and/or boost, there is no need.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I got it to from the ser forum but I would like to find out if it is the same and if the connectors are the same. the size is definetly bigger buy the picture and probably would lean out the motor a little from what i've read is what I want since we run rich @ WOT. I'm not looking for more fuel just more air.

Every body says that boring it won't make a difference then tell me why they put a big filter or cold air. ( to get more air in) if the hole in the maf is about 1-1/2" (from what I recall when doing my CAI) then why change to anything but that little tube thats on the factory intake. A 3" Hot shot or place racing is poinless.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
I dont know about pointless...the dyno numbers speak for themsleves...I had the same question, it seems to make sense but one of the reasons CAI work is due to the resonance of the airflow. And the reason for the big airfilter and POP Charger is to make the airflow less restricted. There was a huge thread on AF about this and why its not necessary. Try to look for it, its buried in there somewhere...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts