Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

2001 wheels/tires on 1992?

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  cajun100 
I wouldn't worry about speedo error to much. They are not very accurate to being with. I mean they give you a really good idea but. OK for example the 99 G20 came in a standard and touring model. The tires were 195/65 and 195/60 on 15 inch wheels respectively. There is a slight speedo difference there. Do you think Infiniti went and calibrated the speedo for each car? I highly doubt it. In addition the tires from each manufacturer may have different sized tires even given the same 'specs'. Another example. I got a flat tire a while ago on my stock Potenza's. A 195/60-15 tire. The car comes with a full sized spare, brand new. So instead of getting a 2 news tires I just put the old one in the spare space and get one new tire, same specs. You know what the one I bought was slightly taller than the one from the trunk. Same manufacturer, same tire, same specs. Granted they were manufacturered at different times but you can't put a lot of faith in the size specs of tires. You'll never get the exact size to make your speedo 100% precise.

So don't worry about it. Getting close is good enough. ;)

P.S. If you buy all your tires from the same shop and don't mix and match them they will be the same size. I can see someone asking "so if I buy 4 new tires from one place they might not be the same size.?" Answer, they should be. =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.