Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the timing marks on my new 2002 G20 Sport are different than in the factory 2002 Infiniti repair manual, and as indicated on a couple of web sites. I have only three marks on the pulley. As viewed from the passenger's side fender there is one mark, then about a 2 inch gap to two white marks which are about a half inch apart. I am assuming (going from left to right) that the first mark is 0 degrees BTDC, the first white mark is 13 degrees, and the second white mark is 15 degrees BTDC.
In the manual they show a lot more degree marks and the 13-15 degree band is a solid white line, not the two separate white lines on my car. Is this just a late production change that did not make it to the repair manual before it went to press?
I set the timing per the factory procedure and advanced it to the mark furthest on the right (15 degrees I am assuming). When I first checked it, it was set from the factory at the first mark (13 degrees).

Thanks

John

·
Registered
424 Posts
You are correct. The 2002 does not have a clear mark of the timing. Be sure to use the probe light and add 4 more degrees if you want to set it to 19. It's there, very faint, if you look carefully. KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE ENGINE BAY WHILE IT IS RUNNING!!!!!!

cheers.
jIm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts