Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some posts saying that Infiniti (Nissan) has decided to discontinue the G20 in favor of the G35. :( Does this hold any truth? :paranoid: Please tell me it's not so. I am the proud owner of a 1991 Infiniti G20 (that's right the FIRST year it came out) with a healthy 115,000 miles. I am planning on getting a newer car in the next year and a half to two years and of course the updated 2002 G20 was on the top of my list (Maui Blue please? :D ). However, if it is discontinued it will be one hell of a b**ch to find one (brand spankin' new). So if anyone has any verifiable information on this please let me know.... I don't need to hear any more rumors. Just actual information (with links if possible).
Thanks guys (and girls) ...

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
G20 is already finished. What is out at the dealers is the last of the dying breed. Whats even worse is the Maui Blue you seek is a special edition with limited production so good luck. G35's are already out.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
YUP

Infiniti stopped production March 31, 2002 of the G20.

All the G20's have been delivered.

Whatever is left, is all that is left at dealers around the country!

Better move up your plan if you want to get a 2002 G20...

Good news is that you CAN get an excellent deal right now on leftover's at the dealer! Dealers want to clear them out to make room for the G35s coming in and need to clear out old stock before getting more new stock.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Heh, I don't think the dealers have to worry about G35's sitting on the lot. Those things are selling like hot cakes. I saw 2 yesterday on my drive home from work. I think they will be as common as Maximas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maui Blue vs. Midnight Blue

On Infiniti's "Build a G20" site, you can equip "Midnight Blue." Is that the actual color that we are talking about or is it another blue? If so, what's the difference? Just by the names, I'd guess that the Midnight Blue is darker. And if they are different which one looks better? (Forget that Maui is limited) Does anyone have pics of a Midnight Blue G20???

·
Registered
218 Posts
Midnight Blue is not the same as Maui Blue. Midnight Blue is much darker. I think there's a pic of a Midnight Blue P11 (i think it's a Primera, actually) on g20style.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sad but true!.!.!

Yes infiniti did discontinue the G20. But it's true you can get a good deal now on them. Finding a Maui Blue is goin' to be a killer though, midnight blue is available but it's a totally different color...So move up your plans if you want one in good condition. Some guy at my college has one with a body kit on it and it looks sweet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
They were right about being able to get killer deals. I walked into a dealership less than a week ago and they offered me a brand new G20T for 18,9 I said no not yet give me a couple of months they wanted me to buy it so bad they offered it to me for 18k out the door. and that was a 22 k car. This is all in US dollars btw...lol But I just thought I would let everyone know where the new prices stand. When you go into a dealership do NOT pay more than 20 for any of the G's

·
Registered
8 Posts
G35

I think it has already been stated but the G35 is the Nissan Skyline. That is what the next skyline will look like with different taillights of course but that is it. This is the first time that any BRAND NEW car has ever crossed the ocean on a GTR Frame. price is about 30-35 talk to ya'll later

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well, while we all like the car, we are the few. The G20 just doesn't sell well and never has. Infiniti (Nissan) was nearly out of business just a few years ago. They were really hurting for sales. They are, of course, back better than ever. But, the main reason for this is because they make their cars share a LOT of parts (for instance, the GT-R, the G35 coupe/sedan, and the Z all share the same chassis, engine, etc). The G20 just doesn't fit into this scheme. So, poor sales combined with a model that doesn't use any common parts with other cars spelled the death of the G20.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: YUP

Chris said:
Good news is that you CAN get an excellent deal right now on leftover's at the dealer! Dealers want to clear them out to make room for the G35s coming in and need to clear out old stock before getting more new stock.

The dealers have hefty incentives to move the remaining G20's, since the amount they move is directly related to the amount of G35's they receive. So, if you don't find the one you want call around, in Cali there were a few dealers who ordered all the G20's they could in an effort to have the largest selection of G35's.

:nerd:

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is correct. Infiniti of Sacramento Has 4 Manual Transmission G's left and like 15 Auto's. So if you want one give them a call. I believe they have the most in Northern California that is where I went to get the quote I was talking about earlier.

Ricky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts