Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I've posted on any track day news, but here's the latest: First, for those who enjoyed the LaJunta track days with ridiculously low fees and high amounts of track time, cherish those memories! In a recent conversation with the City of LaJunta head of Engineering (who now controls and schedules time at LaJunta Speedway), he confirmed that any organization that wants to rent the track will have to provide their own liability insurance. After discussing what our informal group has done in the past, he was sympathetic, but said there would be no exceptions to this policy. So unfortunately, while it's currently cost and resource-prohibitive to rent LaJunta in 2007, both SCCA (coloradoscca.org) and NASA (nasarockymountain.com) have dates available at the track.

The news at Pueblo Motorsports Park (PMI) is much better. Their insurance regs will require safety classes for all participants who don't already have certifications (ie. SCCA, NASA or pro driving schools) in 2007. The specifications for these classes will require a different content and focus than what we've done in any of the past HPDEs. That means that even if you've attended one of our past HPDEs at PMI or LaJunta, you'll still need to attend one of these classes to gain a PMI certification (or license) to rent in '07 and beyond.

The good news is that much of the PMI content will focus on car control and passing safety and ettiquete. While the course specs call for four hours of "classroom" content and an equal amount of track time, you can expect to see significant amounts of time on the track at speeds well above what you should be doing on the road! Even better, I'm currently working on a deal to bring a Nissan Sport Magazine-sponsored PMI class for all Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun drivers! This would include a significant discount in the $200 cost of the class. I don't have all the details (including dates or costs) confirmed as yet. Expect to see an announcement in the coming weeks and I'll post them here.

In New Mexico, put May 19-20th on the calendar as Garcia Infiniti and Nissan Sport will present a two day track event at Sandia Motorsports Park (SMP). The SMP event is significant in that it will be FREE and will contain exercises to improve driving performance and lapping sessions to assimilate learning the track. More details as they become available

One final comment: Nissan Sport Magazine is committed to improving driving skills on both road and track and if this class is successful (and FUN), I hope it will serve as a blueprint for taking it to other parts of the country! So stay tuned and post any questions or comments here.

David Muramoto
Senior Editor
Nissan Sport Magazine

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
NICE David!!!

Thanks man, I am hoping to get the clutch in and shocks and I will try my hardest to get down there.

Really appreciate all your work in the past and hopefully will get to see some track time!

Keep us updated! Thanks!
CJ

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I my G20 could float I would drive over there and kick your ass! :) j/k

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
G20Pimp said:
I my G20 could float I would drive over there and kick your ass! :) j/k
I might be around one of these days and will hunt you down, just name the track

Bump for the guys at CO and NM.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
well, i would say my posse has my back, but there not showing up!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may be optimistic with the weather we've been having, but I've confirmed the first track day of 2007 at Pueblo Motorsports Park (PMI) on March 9, 2007. If you've read the other post on Colorado track days, this is your opportunity to get instruction on driving at speed, as well as certification to rent the track later on during the year. I realize March 9th is a Friday, but all PMI safety courses are scheduled for weekdays, so you have five weeks to get ready for it!

This event will be sponsored by Nissan Sport magazine and will feature a variety of exercises designed to build basic driving skills. This course will go beyond what we covered in past HPDEs by teaching how to safely pass and be passed in a variety of scenarios. You'll learn how to safely enter and exit the pits/paddock and how to recognize dangerous situations and what to do. We'll be utilizing the entire 2.2 mile road course from early in the morning until they lock the gates on us at 5 p.m!

Cost of the event remains the lowest in North America at $150.00/person! As an added bonus, it will include a one year subscription to Nissan Sport Magazine (if you're already a subscriber, we'll simply add on another year to your existing subscription). In addition, everyone who signs up is invited to a PAID dinner at the Cactus Flower restaurant after the day is over. One change from past HPDEs is that I'll take reservations and payments IN ADVANCE for this event. Please e-mail or call me ASAP for instructions on how and where to send payment to reserve your spot!

David Muramoto
Senior Editor
Nissan Sport Magazine
e-mail: nissan [email protected]
(303) 752-9777

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
You should see if the guys at MAC with post this on their bulletin board in the shop.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I just came across this thread.....
Damn Los why you gotta be like that :)
We will see what happens, my car is not 100%, but I will do what I can....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
G20Pimp said:
You should see if the guys at MAC with post this on their bulletin board in the shop.
I know Bill is a good guy and would probably allow me to post this on his board, but I'm trying to give NISSAN pilots first shot. That's why I'm on several on the Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun boards trying to attract interest. It's hard to believe that more Colorado/New Mexico G20 guys aren't celebrating or posting they are ready to go to the track (particularly at this price)!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you kiddin' me? Are there no other G20 pilots besides G20Pimp in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Kansas or Oklahoma who have any interest in this event? We've got several Z and G guys already sending in their fees and comfirming entry.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Any way my work buddy can roll with us in his subie rs....bone stock but he really wants to learn to drive it right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, but for the time being, this is being offered exclusively to Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun pilots. If we have any space available for other marques, I will post.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Ok thanks :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CJ- any update on where you are with your clutch and shocks? Keep in mind the 3/9/07 Nissan Sport event needs to be prepaid for a accurate count of confirmed entries. While it's still four weeks out, entries continue to come in from other Nissan boards. Are you still in?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Two weeks away from this event and still no G20 interest? This is your chance to get out on a real racetrack WITH instruction and the lowest prices around! G20pimp- any updates?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I really want to go, I have my clutch on the way just need it installed and broken in and to get it registered again. When is the latest i can pay you?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts