Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all....i have been monitoring the site for quite sometime now but have just decided to post.....i noticed that someone put 19's on a P11 and it looked really nice....my question before i shll out alot of money is....can i put 20's on it i realize i probably have to lift my car back up to do it but i think the size of the wheel will compinsate for the gap. i have 18's as it is as it is nice but i want to push the envelope but by the same token i don't want to hurt my car by doing so...since everyone here is so educated, what do you think...should i slap some 20's on it with a rubberband like tire????

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well I've never tried putting 20's on my car before but I don't see a problem with the height of the 20 inch rim as long as you use the lowest profile tire being the 30... however I think rim width has to be 7.5 or else you will have to modify the wheel well so that the car doesn't rub... I'm not sure if just rolling up the fender sleeves would help that out but maybe some other members can give u some more info.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
just curious - what wheels do you have on there now?? pics?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I personally ("personally") think that if you put 20's on your G20, you're a crack head. Why do you need 20's, is my question? Aren't 18's enough? I mean, I have 17's and I'm very happy with them and they look visually pleasing. Even, in my opinion, 19's is pushing it. I say this, because when you put rims that are 19" and 20" on your car, you're taking away the look of the entire car as a whole and putting too much emphasis on the wheels. Rap videos talk too much shit, with their "you aren't a baller if you don't ride on dubs/20's". BS. I say stick to the 18's .. if you go with 20's, you might as well ride with no tires at all.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
hahaha. atomic, man, you kill me. i do agree though. you would also really have to watch the road for potholes while driving.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I see you doing major fender modifications if you try 20's. Me I wouldn't even give it whirl. And I don't even think they make 20X7.5 wheels. 20's would most likely be 9'+ in width and I think that anything wider than a 7.5 won't clear the wheel-well without modifying it.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
EpG20T said:
hello all....i have been monitoring the site for quite sometime now but have just decided to post.....i noticed that someone put 19's on a P11 and it looked really nice....my question before i shll out alot of money is....can i put 20's on it i realize i probably have to lift my car back up to do it but i think the size of the wheel will compinsate for the gap. i have 18's as it is as it is nice but i want to push the envelope but by the same token i don't want to hurt my car by doing so...since everyone here is so educated, what do you think...should i slap some 20's on it with a rubberband like tire????
I highly recommend against it. That would be maximum overkill in my opinion.:confused: Assuming that it could be done, you'll be soon fed up with the tires rubbing in the fender well. And assuming that you could find tires that could fit, it would be very unlikely that you'll get a good ride or long use out of them. Think of it like this. You say you have 18" rims right? I say that's as far as you can push the envelope. A 20" rim would be more appropriate on a show car, but practically useless on the street.:-\

Just my .02 cents.:)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
atomic-G said:
I personally ("personally") think that if you put 20's on your G20, you're a crack head.
Yo! Chill G! He was just asking. That's all.:p

atomic-G said:
Rap videos talk too much shit, with their "you aren't a baller if you don't ride on dubs/20's". BS. I say stick to the 18's .. if you go with 20's, you might as well ride with no tires at all.
Man, some of those vidoes are just plain stupid. How many of those guys actually OWN the car you see them driving in the video?:rolleyes: :-\
Oh, yeah, all those hoez and hoochie-mamas dancing around them are really that horny and just dying to give it up. :lick:
And they talk their BS about "keeping it real" and "being true to the game".

Yeah, sure. :tired:

·
Registered
129 Posts
20s are a little OTT (over the top), I think that is when you know your desire for cosmetics takes over any practical performance aspects - I agree with Atomic-G, I think 17" is apt as it nicely compliments the car's body, 18" is do-able. 19"+ takes away all the emphasis from the slick looks and may end up being a laughing stock - not to mention whether or not you will get any clearance what so ever when you carry passengers!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input i am still undecided because they only make 20X8.5....i may be a crack head but i just like to be different...it's not a rap video that influenced me to put wheels tvs and stuff on my car...it is a hobbie...this car is a show car and i drive it only on sundays...i have an expedition and a motorcycle that i use as a daily drivers. So what would i have to do to make this work...like i said...i'm not going for preformance....it is a show car.....i get pics up as soon as i can so you guys can tell me what you think of it as it is. It is either i put it on 20's or i keep my 18's and but an air rod suspension on it.....but what sux about the susension is that i have to reconfigure my sound system becaus i have six 10" subs in the trunk in a custom box.....but then again that would give me a chance to fiberglass the trunk. What to do, what to do??

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't know where you live dude...but if you're thinking of putting 20s on your car...wrapped with 30s....damn You must have like the nicest roads in the world.

Cuz if you hit a small pothole your going to feel it hardcore.

But if you want to do it do it. Your choice. But its going to be hard to find that wheel like someone said before.

Oh yeh...I don't like those rap videos with like 24" rims and bling bling nonsense.

Just show those damn mucierlagos, 360 modenas, and those nice nice nice nice nice exotics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts