Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question does the 240sx have a sr20det. If it doesn't what does it have? thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how many horses does it put out. Is their bolt on turbos avaible for it. What does the KA24de stands for. Also what car does the sr20det come from.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
fatboyz921 said:
So how many horses does it put out. Is their bolt on turbos avaible for it. What does the KA24de stands for. Also what car does the sr20det come from.
It puts out 150-155hp at the crank, there are bolt-ons and turbos for it(check www.240sx.org ) and it stand for 2.4 liter dohc. As for SR20DET, I'm not sure which car it's from. =)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There are a couple bolt-on turbo kits that can go on it, but in my opinion it's better off to supercharge it. The KA24DE is derived from a truck. It's got mad torque but very little HP (relatively) because it's stroke is so long: 86 x 100 I believe. Remember: the longer an engine's stroke, the more torque you get, but you generally can't rev as high. Less revs = less horsepower. You're better off supercharging the engine. That's what's usually done with American engines...full of low-end torque but lacking high-end. A supercharger compensates for that.

KA24DE:

KA engine family , mostly truck engines
24: 2.4 liter engine displacement
D: dual overhead cam
E: electronic fuel injection

The SR20DET that drops into the 240SX is from the japanese version of the car: the Nissan Silvia. The Nissan Silvia was a wildly successful car and is as popular in Japan as Hondas are here. The current model of Nissan Silvia (S15) has an SR20DET that pushes about 250~260hp stock, I believe. We're really getting cheated over here.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
FF Drifter said:
The current model of Nissan Silvia (S15) has an SR20DET that pushes about 250~260hp stock, I believe. We're really getting cheated over here.
I hear that! Even though insurance would probably be about double what I'm paying for the G, it would be worth it! I'd be in a DET S14/15 right now if they sold them here. :-\

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Too bad cuz the S15 Silvia is just gettin' cancelled over in Japan, along with the R34 GT-R, JZA80 Supra, and FD3S RX-7. None of these cars pass the new Japanese smog regulations! And since the Silvia wasn't selling too well *believe it or not, Nissan considers it somewhat of a failure at this point, from a profit standpoint* but if only they imported them here...if only they knew....

I'd try my hardest to be best friends with any smog referee....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts