Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I will be ordering my first MOD a JWT intake (To replace the un-mounted rice one that bangs against the battery since I bought it) I was thinking about getting new Tires and Wheels after that (15' from 14 maybe Koneki or something) or a strut bar(s) any suggestions???

D00d at work says I should get a cat-back muffler after for more back-pressure, but isnt that an old wives tale that has more effect on older Mucsle Cars then on newer cars....

I would like to replace the muffler thou (cause it's all old and stuff) I had a tip (No not a resinator so you can heere me 4 blocks away just a tip) but it looked funky mounted on old muffler.

Thx

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Well if your tires need replacing, that would be a good time to get new rims (but I thought the P10's came with 15", I could be wrong)...If not, work on some other mods...dont know if your into performance or looks. So you be the judge on that one.

Personally, Id go for the performance mods...Intake is a good start. Advance your timing is another cheap improvement

I finally took a good look at your sig - Thats some funny shit...
1994 Infiniti "Pearl" G20 w/JWT Stickers, 14 foot stillen spoiler, neon undercage/plate, 2x Asian Stickers, Harley Exhaust, steering wheel, Advanded chicken wire grill, lowered below sea level...
Its important to have a steering wheel...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adv Timing?

I am kinda a cross between performance and looks but I dont want to "Rice" it out....

Adv my timing? Exscuse my Idiocy but does that mean raise when the RPM's shift gears? And so it will switch at a higher RPM?

I finally took a good look at your sig - Thats some funny shit...

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Heres a good link on all your basic performance mods. Lots of information there. Check it out. It covers the basics, Advanced Timing, CAI's POP's Headers etc...well written by one of the best.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yahnozha said:
Heres a good link on all your basic performance mods. Lots of information there. Check it out. It covers the basics, Advanced Timing, CAI's POP's Headers etc...well written by one of the best.
[email protected],
I'm wondering about this now because I've seen ths mentioned on a few older posts. According to the site it mentions: Do not exceed 17 degress of advance if you have a JWT ECU.
If you have any other mods is there something else you need to consider as well? I'm not well rounded on the timing stuff and if this is "the all time cheapest hop up that anyone can do" I'd like to know what I need to factor in.

Thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
littlerudegirl said:
I'm wondering about this now because I've seen ths mentioned on a few older posts. According to the site it mentions: Do not exceed 17 degress of advance if you have a JWT ECU.
Some people have gone as far as 19*, but 17* is the safe bet plus you have to use premium gas (91 octane is the best out here in NM)

If you have a JWT ECU you probably have more mods than the basic bolt on's. Plus that puppy runs $500+ and isnt really necessary until you get to the major mods. The *biggest* mod I have is the S3 cams from JWT and Im running the stock ECU, so far no problems...G-Forces has been running S3 cams with a stock ECU for a year+ and no problems. One thing about JWT cams, is they dont like advanced timing. They did a lot of research and run best with timing set at 13*-15* (considered stock timing)

If you have any other mods is there something else you need to consider as well? I'm not well rounded on the timing stuff and if this is "the all time cheapest hop up that anyone can do" I'd like to know what I need to factor in.Thanks ;)
So far, with exception of the cams, Ive been running 17* advanced timing on all the mods Ive done (Header, Exhaust, CAI, POP, UR Pulleys)

Timing is really easy to do, you just need a Timing Light ($35ish at Wal-Mart). Pretty low cost to me...

Here is another great site that has a lot of info including how to advance timing. Have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts