Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are currently making a 3-point front shock tower brace for the racecar (P10) and I was gauging interest in this piece (meant for a US car) so he can make a jig. Prices remain to be set, but expect somewhere around $200 for mild steel.

Just respond to this thread. Pics will be up as soon as it's finished (mid-late June).

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Interested, for a P11 2000+ model. Aluminum or chromemoly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, this will be for a high port P10. I will see what I can do for testing it on a P11 to see if it fits. If there is enough interest, we may just make a different bar that will cost slightly more (because of likely mandrel bending required).

The endplates will be watercut. Options to make it out of aluminum or chromoly will be available at extra cost (depending on materials). It will require some drilling and disassembly, but nothing extreme.

·
Registered
493 Posts
hotshtsr20 said:
Yeah, this will be for a high port P10. I will see what I can do for testing it on a P11 to see if it fits. If there is enough interest, we may just make a different bar that will cost slightly more (because of likely mandrel bending required).

The endplates will be watercut. Options to make it out of aluminum or chromoly will be available at extra cost (depending on materials). It will require some drilling and disassembly, but nothing extreme.

It sounds like a great product, but for $200 going twoards a fstb I dont think anyone wants to have to drilll anything.

Have you guys ever dabbled in a front subframe/suspension brace for the P10?

·
Registered
493 Posts
markbuts3 said:
You're gonna have to drill the top edge of the firewall at a guess, just below the plastic wiper cover.... How else are you going to attach that part of the bar ???

My mistake. I took what he said out of context and thought he was still talking about the endplates.

:zoinks:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BObby12many said:
It sounds like a great product, but for $200 going twoards a fstb I dont think anyone wants to have to drilll anything.
There are zero existing bolts or holes you could use that are large enough. There is a threaded hole on the firewall where the brace would go, but nowhere near large enough. The drilling required would be a simple drill through the pinch seam on the firewall. Just install the brace, mark the holes and drill. If you can't do that, pay someone, probably wouldn't cost much. Either way, it will still be far easier than a header install. Hell, far easier than a cold air intake install. People buy those all the time and you need to cut a fairly large hole for it.

In addition, $200 for something of this quality isn't much to ask for. I take it I can count you out on this?

BObby12many said:
Have you guys ever dabbled in a front subframe/suspension brace for the P10?
Thought about it. The main problem I see is all of the people out there sporting eBay downpipes that hang below the crossmember complaining about fitment issues. We will see if there's a reasonably cheap way of making one that won't have interference or ground clearance issues. For the racecar, the exhaust is mounted really high because there's no cat, so this may take some creativity for a street car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BObby12many said:
My mistake. I took what he said out of context and thought he was still talking about the endplates.

:zoinks:
Ah, that would explain your post. NP meng... :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
hotshtsr20 said:
In addition, $200 for something of this quality isn't much to ask for. I take it I can count you out on this?

Thought about it. The main problem I see is all of the people out there sporting eBay downpipes that hang below the crossmember complaining about fitment issues. We will see if there's a reasonably cheap way of making one that won't have interference or ground clearance issues. For the racecar, the exhaust is mounted really high because there's no cat, so this may take some creativity for a street car.

I am definitely in!

Whats the ETA on these?

DO you currently make any other products?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I make things, but nothing for sale. My rollcage fabricator is the one that will be making these, just working as an intermediary since I'm actually known in the SR20 world. If you want to see his work with our cage, check out:

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/september05/g20/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
akuma810 said:
finally, ive been waiting for a 3-point forever, i would be interested for a P11, anything but aluminum.
May need to contact you if we need a P11 to test it on...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone else? Tell your friends. For it to be worth his while, we're going to need at least 10-15 of these...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts