Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
either one... i would go with 2.75 if i could...2,5 should be fine though...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
junknstuff said:
i've heard from the VE guys that 2.5 has been perfect, but we'll let them chime in.
true.. lol im biased because im a DET guy....

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
2.5 is adequate but everyone on sr20forum swear you need 3" to get the most out of it, especially with cams and such

·
Registered
599 Posts
if there are alot of exhaust laws back there i would run like 2.5 or 2.75 cuz the 3 will make it louder...... as for performance anything bigger than 2 will give you a diff that you can feel pretty good

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
StangG20 said:
2.5 is adequate but everyone on sr20forum swear you need 3" to get the most out of it, especially with cams and such
When ever I finally get to doing a VE (I'm sure a good 10 months away).. I'm planning 2.5". I don't want it to loud..

·
Registered
599 Posts
ok so i just talked to the hubby and he said that putting 3 on there is like putting 3 on a honda.....doesnt really do anything good for the motor unless its turbo.

he said 2.5 would be more than enough

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
2.5 if you want performance but low volume. If you truly want all power, get the 3'', you'll gain pretty much all over. Most of the guys that hit 200 hp on the sr20forum has 3'' exhausts. I'd go 3'' but i rather keep my volume down.....

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
Well I thought the same before I got to yours so already had a stifled chuckle going. When I hit yours it went full blown. H ah ah ah.

Oh, to be on topic, I thought I'd read that with no or little mods a 2.5" would be better and when it's bumped inside a 3" brings it alive.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
^^^ EPSentra,

That's what I understood too.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
autox_blonde said:
ok so i just talked to the hubby and he said that putting 3 on there is like putting 3 on a honda.....doesnt really do anything good for the motor unless its turbo.

he said 2.5 would be more than enough
a VE isnt a honda engine, it actually has torque.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts