Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are those $30ish intakes on ebay worth it. they look like they were made very cheaply....any feedback is appreicated!

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Go AEM, Hotshot, PlaceRacing or search around the fourms for a good deal.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
dcmystery21 said:
are those $30ish intakes on ebay worth it. they look like they were made very cheaply....any feedback is appreicated!
nope. i had one before. similar to the AEM design. i know chickenwing has the same one and sucked up water :baffled: killing his MAF sensor

well i guess it doesn't say much because i sucked up water in my Hotshot intake too..

on the one that i had, the pipes were okay, the wends were okay, but the filter sucked

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
i have no regrets bout my $30 ebay intake except for the fact i should have upgraded the filter right away.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
weve had one on for almost a year, the fitment wasnt 100% perfect, but its just fine. just get a different filter.
i think aem is worthless. such a waste of money for the name brand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ebay intakes are really just good for the hardpipes, and even at that they are kind of a universal fit and sometimes arent welded too well, but its not a big deal its only teh vaccume ports on the intake not like its any serious pressure (unless you're turboed in which i;d go name brand) the other thing is that the silicon couplers you get with them are TRASH, and 99% fo the time you get an unoiled paper crap filter.

·
Registered
313 Posts
For the price the metal work is ok. I know a couple of people with them. But throw the filter away and buy a decent one...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot guys. i guess i will buy one and get a better filter.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I got one of these through ww.x3racing.com it was $20.. I love mine.. It uses a cotton gauze just like a K&N.. The kit comes with a MAF adapter, the only thing you need is A) purchase longer bolts to mount the MAF adapter to the MAF.. and B) purchase some filter oil.. if you buy a red filter then just go get a K&N filter charger kit ($10) from autozone.. but if you buy the blue filter.. the K&N oil is dyed red so your filter will end up looking purple.. in that case go to summit racing and get blue or clear air filter oil from there.. it's less than $10 for a bottle.

This is a good filter.. and looks great.. but of course doesn't have the bling bling polished tubing with the cheap kits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mustang dude said:
I got one of these through ww.x3racing.com it was $20.. I love mine.. It uses a cotton gauze just like a K&N.. The kit comes with a MAF adapter, the only thing you need is A) purchase longer bolts to mount the MAF adapter to the MAF.. and B) purchase some filter oil.. if you buy a red filter then just go get a K&N filter charger kit ($10) from autozone.. but if you buy the blue filter.. the K&N oil is dyed red so your filter will end up looking purple.. in that case go to summit racing and get blue or clear air filter oil from there.. it's less than $10 for a bottle.

This is a good filter.. and looks great.. but of course doesn't have the bling bling polished tubing with the cheap kits.

Looks good for $20. Any idea if this would fit on P11 models? The description says 91-96 G20, but cmon how different can it be??

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I think the MAF is different.. that is probably the only difference.. if you have any kind of fabrication skills you could probably make it work.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
one last question, when i get a new intake what do i do with the maf? i know what it is and does but do i switch it out or replace it or what?

edit- do certain filters work with certain pipes or will any filter fit any pipe?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
For the money you save on the intake you could us the extra and buy a pop charger to use on the end of it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nelson said:
Just a cone filter? Maybe a 1/2 a hp. It'll just get noisier. A CAI with piping might get you 2-3hp, but sounds awesome.
I dunno.. I'd be a little more optimistic.. maybe 2-3 at peak HP.. you'll see better throttle response more than anything.. I got a bit better gas mileage it seems.. easier breathing helps the gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I like how people say "go AEM! Pay $250! It's worth it!".

Damn, it's a couple pipes, clamps and couplers. $250 = PWNED.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts