Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as every one knows that P10, P11 has Nissan’s multilink front Suspension. and they are pain in the ass to do a alignment on. because camber is not adjustable. plus the extremely poor aftermarket support for P10 P11. so you are basically screwed if you lowered your car. Unless you have super pro bushings, which allow you to change the degreed of camber. but that has it's limits. I been searching on this forum for an alternateive way. but no luck.
today i was checking out what was left of my friend's 1993 300ZX. and find out that the front Suspension is almost identical to My G20(P10), the upper link looks like it's interchangeable. not sure tho. but since 240sx and 300zx's rear Suspension is interchangeable. i don't see why not G20.. soo i did a little search on eBay and find
this
i will ask him if i can have his control arm. he is a little hard to get hold of tho. but if this work. it will be sweet.
any one know any info on this??

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
It's also worth pointing out that the camber does not really need to be adjusted in the front. The design of the suspension makes it self-cambering in turns. There is not much need to run wicked negative camber in the front like a Macpherson strut suspension, because the wheel axis rotates to keep the tire perpendicular to the road in a turn. I think you need to drop something excessive like 3" before excessive negative camber is induced by the drop, and by then youre almost out of shock travel anyway.

- Greg -

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
deftapcubus said:
The P11 has multilink rear suspension, not front. The P10 is independent all around
Front: independent multi-link strut suspension
Rear: Multi-Link Beam suspension

Yahnozha said:
The suspensions are similar, but that uppper third link is NOT interchangeable with our cars, sorry to give you the bad news.
Yup, the angle of the upper control arm/link is different between the G20 and the 300zx/Q45 setup. The 300zx and Q45's have a straight link, where the G20's is offset a bit, so you can't interchange the two easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts