Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a few questions on this project. First do you fill the mounts all the way? Second, do you fill ALL of the mounts? Then after they have been reinstalled will there be excessive vibration as if they were "real" urethane mounts? How long will they last? And will the heat from the engine affect the compound? Thanks guys!!:smoke: :tired:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G- Dub96 said:
Got a few questions on this project. First do you fill the mounts all the way? Second, do you fill ALL of the mounts? Then after they have been reinstalled will there be excessive vibration as if they were "real" urethane mounts? How long will they last? And will the heat from the engine affect the compound? Thanks guys!!:smoke: :tired:

1. Yes, all the way. I suggest doing it in thin layers- it helps it dry and takes much less time this way.
2. You can fill any mounts you want, i'd suggest starting with the front and rear (dogbone and firewall mounts) then if you want the two side mounts, however those two will add vibrations to the car without really stiffening the motor up that much. The firewall and dogbone mounts take most of the abuse.
3. Not really, the vibration is actually not bad, less than ES inserts. The Windo Weld urethane is actually a pretty soft substance, about the same as stock mounts, probably a little bit softer.
4. Not sure, on new mounts it should help them last longer, on worn mounts they help for a little while, but it's not really a long term solution.
5. I don't think the heat affects it at all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justin, thanks for the very thorough answer! YOU DA MAN!!:lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts