Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the 5 hp difference in the newer G20's came from. I have a 99 t model and it needed some work. So they gave me 01 standard model to loan. I could feel that mine was more superior going into turns at higher speeds, (due to the viscous limited-slip differential I presume ) but the 01 had a bigger kick in low end acceleration. Where is this coming from?:monkey:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Different engine components ( lighter crank, roller rockers, anti-friction coatings) and different transmission gearing.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Isnt the 5hp from the new exhaust system......you can tell if its new by the dual outlet instead of the single outlet..........isnt this the reason?!??!?!:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
95_g20_P10 said:
dual tip exhaust i belive only comes on the T model. i might be wrong
Actually, it came standard on all 2000-2002 G20s.
;)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
OK good thats what I thought...........:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I can use all the HP i can get. Maybe I should have gotten a 00 instead? Oh well. I also have a automatic, if something happens to my tranny, and the dealer has to replace it, do you think I could request a manual?

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont think there gunna do a whole manual tranny, i could be wrong, but doesnt it cost alot more to put a manual into an automatic?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
silverbullet said:
i dont think there gunna do a whole manual tranny, i could be wrong, but doesnt it cost alot more to put a manual into an automatic?
It's not worth their time to even think about this. They would probably ask him why he didn't buy a stick in the first place, fix his tranny and pass him the bill.

And for a tranny to go bad in such a short amount of time in a '99 is quite odd as well. That is, if it is bad. I think he was just pondering the thought that if it went bad.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
GDubinVegas said:
well I can use all the HP i can get. Maybe I should have gotten a 00 instead? Oh well. I also have a automatic, if something happens to my tranny, and the dealer has to replace it, do you think I could request a manual?
I'm glad I got the 99. It has the non-roller rocker motor which has a better selection of cams for one. You can only get JWT S3 cams for the roller rocker motor (that we know of) and that's a pretty recent development. The 99 is also easier to install a JWT ECU for turbo and the such. with the 00+ you need to rewire the entire ECU to handle a JWT unit or get some sort of stand alone engine management if you want it to run well.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This man is full of knowledge... no wonder why he is a founder:monkey: thank you sir this newbie now more appreciates his 99'. I will appreciate it alot more when I dont have to look twice at elipses, celicas, accords and civics who pull up to me like they just got done watching the fast and the furious. Someone wanna play airhockey for 4000 dollars?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts