Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really find any useful info on getting 6.5s in my car. Someone posted adaptor plates, but that would require both cutting metal AND hitting the glass behind the speaker. Anyway, this is what me and an angle grinder came up with:

Using the stock plastic angle piece, I measured the clearance in the speaker to the angle and started cutting:

The speaker installed:

as you can see, I needed a spacer (which came with the speakers):

and here it is in the door panel:

I had to cut out a some of the brown board (triangular area over square) in the door trim to make it fit.

Anyway, It sounds great, there's no contact with the door trim, looks very stock (minus the tweeters). And there you have it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No vibrations, once installed, the speakers are in there better than it looks. The way the door is set up, no set of speakers is properly sealed 'optimally'. I guess if I was anal, I could go around the speaker housing and silicone it to the door.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
So is 6.5 the next step up from the 4x6? Is there a 5" that doesnt require as much modding? I put in brand new Punch 4x6 last weekend and am already wanting more. I guess I'm to used to the P11 with the sub and the bose. :rolleyes: D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Dave7w,

Most 6.5's with the adaptor plates are rather easy to put it. I have done it twice, and Rushmatic has some adaptors he's selling with some Pioneers. It feels almost plug and play.

What are the specs on the Punch ones?

Demon

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
hey nice simple mod, makes all this stuff about chevy cavalier parts from circuit city and custom mdf brackets sound a bit silly?

also how would it sound to have some 4" or 3.5" in the front doors highpassed at 2 or 300 hz and some 6.5 punch sub things in the rear deck lowpassed the same way? might be pretty good and cheap to dew
(and not much effort)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think I'm going to go this way. I just have a question... Why did you not put the tweeters in the stock location?

Ohh.. and how did you attach the crossovers?

Thanks,

Demon

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crossovers with zipties. BTW, I turned them around to face the window b/c they interfered with the door panels.

I was going to put them in the stock location but 2 problems. I wasn't sure if they would fit and I didn't wanted to keep everything in the door.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd love to see those pods if you have pics. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts