Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering... is there a 6 speed transmission available for p11's(sr20de)??? I think I remember hearing something about a 6 speed primera in japan. Also would it be possible to swap the new sentra se-r spec V transmission into the p11?

another question...are the gear ratios for the b15 Sentra SE different from the p11 ratios? My b15 seems to accelerate much quicker than the P11, jus wondering if that was the reason.

thx in advance.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
blackSR20 said:
I was just wondering... is there a 6 speed transmission available for p11's(sr20de)??? I think I remember hearing something about a 6 speed primera in japan. Also would it be possible to swap the new sentra se-r spec V transmission into the p11?
No. That was a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) in the JDM Primera. It used belts and variable pullies, not gears and cogs. :-\ I've heard some experiences from the CVT transmission and they say it doesn't feel right.

another question...are the gear ratios for the b15 Sentra SE different from the p11 ratios? My b15 seems to accelerate much quicker than the P11, jus wondering if that was the reason.
The B15 is lighter and depending on what year G20 you have I think the gears are different. I know they changed the G20 ration for better acceleration after 99.

·
Registered
424 Posts
..folks...this is a classic example of post whoring... hehaehaehaehaehaheahehaehahehaehahehahehahehahehahehahehaehaehahe.

J, we understand you even if you post it once!! :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
They had both CVT 6 speed and 6 speed stick shift on the JDM Primera's. They are pretty rare though and I havent heard of anyone doing the swap yet. If you were going to get the trannie, might as well get the SR20VE engine along with it. I was "thinking" of doing this swap a couple times but too much work and too much trouble for me...

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The new 20V SR20VE motor comes mated to a 6-spd tranny. I guess it's similar to the Spec-V/Maxima tranny, but with a different bellhousing to fit the sr motor. From what i've heard the SR tranny may be a closer gear ratio tranny than the spec-v or max tranny too. The fitment in the engine bay is different too, so there are some rather large modifications necessary to get this to fit.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you want a six-speed, all it takes is money.

The reason a B15 accelerates more quickly than a P11 is the weight difference. 300-400 pounds of it.

I may try to make a more meaningful post after I get home from work tonight...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
This maybe a dumb question but is there any nissan sold in the US with VVL?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
jbloggs_c said:
This maybe a dumb question but is there any nissan sold in the US with VVL?
The SR20VE never came to the US through Nissan. The only thing I can think of with VVL would be the newer VQ engines like the one on the 350Z. But im not sure if thats VVL or some other cam thang. :p

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I believe the 350Z probalby has something closer to VTC, rather than VVL.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I dont think there was a CVT transmisson that ever came with a JDM p10. It would be way to much work to get 6 speed in their i would rather have a built 5 spd and some change

·
Registered
774 Posts
The JDM P10's only came with 5 spd MT's just like in the US, the only SR with a 6 spd is the 20V P12 Primera, the P11 was offered with the SR20DE with the same 5 spd found in the US P11 and the later model's of the JDM P11 offered the 6 spd CVT. Only way you might be able to have a 6 spd in a US P10 or P11 is if you imported the 6 spd out of the 20V which will cost an arm and a leg seeing as the 20V is the highest trim of the P12 Primera or just import the whole 20V motor complete with the 6 spd tranny which im sure would come to be cheaper in the longer run, expect to pay no less then 10k for motor and tranny considering its such a new motor, only been out maybe a year. I'd suggest getting a B13 or B14 LSD 5 spd unless your ready to spend that kind of money.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
And what exactly would the point be in getting a six-speed tranny to begin with? It's pretty easy to keep SR20s in their powerband with just five ratios.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
well i can speak from experience since there is a b15 parked in my driveway that belongs to my cousin upstairs. The weight diffrence is about 300 pounds i think the ratios are exactly the same> Me and him have messed around on the highway and his shift points and speed at which he shift seem to be the same. I've driven his car a couple of times. First and second gear i cannot tell the diffrence between the two cars. From third on his car has a much more noticable pull. I think that maybe the final drive might be diffrent cause his fifth pulls like my fourth. But on the other hand the car handles like shit compared to my car but it's definatly a few tenths faster

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The transmissions and final drives are the same. The difference is somewhere between weight and aerodynamics, but I don't think tha aerodynamics of a P11 are any worse than a B15; actually I kinda' think a P11 is a couple of hundredths lower Cd. Don't quote me on that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts