Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
upshot said:
Anyone know?
Why? Is your ECU bad? If not, it is the same as far as rev limiter, etc.

If your ECU is bad, no it won't work. Those are OBD-I and the '96 is OBD-II.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well...

The JWT might be different. I am not familiar enough with the JWT re-program. It could work, but you might get some ECU error codes like the Sentra and 200SX guys get when they swap a G20 ECU for their stock ECU.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
G20 Ecu's are the ECU's to have. To my knowledge we have a higher redline or as Nismo said rev limiter.

All SR20 owners would rather have a G20 ECU ask them and they will tell you as I am not exactly sure why

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
All SR20 owners would rather have a G20 ECU ask them and they will tell you as I am not exactly sure why
He is actually referring to the Jim Wolf ech ECU, which is better than stock ECU's of any G20, SE-R, 200SX, Sentra. So, he would rather have that one than the G20 ECU.

And you are somewhat correct. Not all SR20 owners want the G20 ECU though. The early '91-'94 SE-R's have the same exact rev limiter as the '91-'96 G20's. The later 200 SX SE-R's, Sentra SE's and SE-L's have a 6800 rev limiter. So they are able to achieve a 7500 redline by swapping out the ECU for a G20 ECU between '94-'96 since they are both OBD-II compliant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts