Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my JDM valve cover and I'm waiting for my VC gasket from scottsdale infiniti and a 91' intake cam from JGYcustoms . Both are coming this week. can anybody post the pages from the FSM for a 99 INFINITI G20t on switching these, I kinda want to do it by the book. I only want it from a 99 G20.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks thats good for the VC but does anybody have the specs for the Cam.
I need FT/lbs and order for the internal parts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Well here are the torque specs and bolt removal for the cam journals (intake) You will want to loosen and tighten all bolts 1/2 turn at a time. Break loose the cam gear bolt before removing loosening the cam journal bolts. You might need a cheater bar for this, at least I did.

Removal, keep all journals in their origional location:
2____6____10____8____4

1____5_____9____7____3

Intall:
9____5____1____3____7
10___6____2____4____8

Step 1)Tighten Bolts 9-10 in that order then tighten bolet 1-8 in numerical order (17 in-lb)

Step 2)Tighten Bolts in numerical order (52 in-lb)

For Cam Gear - Torque to 101-116 ft-lbs, Youll need a 1" open end and a 26mm? socket (1/2" drive preferrably)

Also, before you loosen the cam gear, use zip ties to secure the chain to the cam gear, this will prevent the chain from lifting off the gear and losing its place. You will need to block the chain tensioner with a tapered piece of wood. Cut out of 1/2" 4.25" long X 1.25" in width tapering to .5" on one end. Place this down into the chain finger tight (directly beneath the middle of the two cam gears)

While you tighten the cam journals, you may want to rotate slightly the cam to make sure it moves freely and is not getting pinched or seated wrong. Also, make sure you oil the cam and journals before you put them back on.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know. I just went thru installing my S3 cams a couple of weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
When you say JDM valve cover, are you referring to a Nissan valve cover?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the red DET valve cover I got it from JGYcustoms

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Yahnozha i'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed my cam and VC today and it went great thanks to Yahnozha for all the info
I'll post pics this week

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
no problem man, this is what the forum is for...how do you like intake cam anyway? Notice a bit of improvement??

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It went great installing and I feel a kick at around 5000 rpm compared to the old cam. supposedly the computer needs a little time to adjust then it's better too
but definetly worth the money I'm gonna check my Gtech to see if there is a increse

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yes, there will be a nice difference. At the track i picked up a couple mph from the intake cam. On good runs i can hit low 92mph. normal is between 91.5-92.0mph for me. Before the cam i was high 88.x low 89.x mph. The runs with the old cam were when it was slightly hotter out too though, that may make up a tenth or two change as well?
My g-tech registered a very similar change in mph and avg E.T. as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts