Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock '92 g20 with 171k miles on the original clutch. Without prior warning, I start up the car one afternoon with the following problem: with the engine running I'm unable to engage any of the gears. With the engine off, I can engage all the gears without difficulty. If I start the car in 1st gear the car will begin moving right away. There's no change in clutch pedal resistance, feel, or weird sounds. Up to this point, the clutch was working perfectly without any signs of abnormal slippage. This sounds clearly like a clutch disengagement problem.

I was advised that this could be faulty master or slave cylinder for the clutch or possibly some other internal component in the clutch. Help! Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Thomas

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
it's either your clutch cable or your pressure plate. with 171k on the original clutch, I'd say it's time for a new cable, resurfaced flywheel, clutch and PP.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
tomjrau said:
I was advised that this could be faulty master or slave cylinder for the clutch
That would be on a hydraulic clutch. Our cars have cable-operated clutches, though. The cable has been known to break, and it's pretty easy to check if it's broken -- just take off the intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts