Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 93.5 g20 and i noticed every time i punch the gas the car feels like its struggling just to make it to 5000 rpm!!!! i took off the egr cleaned it up gave it a tune up with ngk plugs but it still runs like shit....if anyone has had problems like this can you please let me know what i gotta do to fix this fuckin car!!!!! thank

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Is this 5 speeed or auto ? When you say struggling what do you mean ? Do you hear wierd noise or the car hesitates? More info ...

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I think I know where he's coming from. I'm assuming that he has an automatic like my G. When I hit the gas right after I come out of a turn or at 5-10mph, I practically have to floor it in order to get it to respond. Then it feels sluggish like it's towing a bus or something.(I've had a couple of close calls merging onto the freeway because of that :mad: )I never made a big deal about it, but I guess I'd better get it fixed ASAP.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
93det said:
i just bought a 93.5 g20 and i noticed every time i punch the gas the car feels like its struggling just to make it to 5000 rpm!!!! i took off the egr cleaned it up gave it a tune up with ngk plugs but it still runs like shit....if anyone has had problems like this can you please let me know what i gotta do to fix this fuckin car!!!!! thank

Let me guess. You drive your car at moderate speeds. Everytime your car hits about 2200RPM the car loses its power. As soon as you hit like 35-3800RPM it feels like a rubberband in the engine snaps and the car is free?It stilll moves but doesnt accelerate as it is supposed to? I did an EGR job BPT job and still it does the same thing. Im buying a scrap engine this weekend for parts. I am taking my car to Infiniti next weekend and let them diagnose it without fixing it. I will post to the conclusion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah

i have an exhaust leak. the flex pipe is fucked up i tried the egr but that didnt work. what about the temp sensor? the car has 2 one for the guage and one for the ecu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.