Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the adapter from Crutchfield to allow me to plug in a new head unit into the existing system. Hooked everything up and only the front speakers worked and they didn't have much power. I turned my head unit up to full volume and turned the adapter all the way up and it was average loudness. I know I installed it properly. Any suggestions? I'm assuming that the '93 G20's need the adapter. I'm assuming that the sytem is a Bose with the factory amp. Are my assumptions correct? Do I need the adapter for this car?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
144 Posts
i got the same adapter for my car and it worked great. it was plently loud. but mine is a clarion system and i think yours might be too. you need the adapter if you plan on keeping with the stock amps. i dont know why only your fronts are working.

·
Registered
710 Posts
scoony said:
I ordered the adapter from Crutchfield to allow me to plug in a new head unit into the existing system. Hooked everything up and only the front speakers worked and they didn't have much power. I turned my head unit up to full volume and turned the adapter all the way up and it was average loudness. I know I installed it properly. Any suggestions? I'm assuming that the '93 G20's need the adapter. I'm assuming that the sytem is a Bose with the factory amp. Are my assumptions correct? Do I need the adapter for this car?

Thanks all!
I dunno what the crutchfield one looks like, but it sounds like you forgot to hookup the amp turn on line.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yes, the BLUE wire from the stock radio harness is the remote power switch for your rear amp. i had the same problem, i just did not know there was a rear amp untill i read my factory service manual. you should have clarion, not bose, i think

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Schoonveld here.. again...

your replies have been great..i guess basically i'm asking if i need the "adapter".... the adapter that i got from crutchfield is a "special" adapter in that it takes the signal from the HU and converts it to a line level signal....it then sends that signal to the speakers/amp... from what i can tell, this might be needed with the bose system but not with mine.... am i correct in this?

it's not just a basic wiring harness that connects the HU to the factory "plugs"...it actually has a control piece in the middle that allows for adjusting speaker levels...

Any help is appreciated.

here is what crutchfield sells it as
Item #142CNN02, $49.95.
OEM Amplifier Integration

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
oklay you asked why the rear speakers were not working, and it has nothing to do with the adapter, you need to hook the remote power wire from your deck (if it has one, this is the wire that sends out 12 volts when the unit is turned on)to the blue wire from you car harness (the original wiring harness) this will send the power to your rear amp. now you might be able to use that new harness you bought, but you will only need to hook up the rear speakers since the front ones do not have an amplifier. this should solve all of your problems. or you could send the piece back, and just run new speaker wires to the rear of you car from the new deck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts