Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya guys think i should do with 10,000 plus more in 3 months to a 93 g20 with 30,000mi on it? I definatly want a diana body kit and a nice paint job so what else could i do? what would you do with the cash.... ?

thanks,
ritch

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
wow...... just think of the possibilites..... :confused: :crosseyed :rolleyes: :square:

·
Registered
692 Posts
DAMN I wish I had money like that to spend. :D I would say get a nice body kit (3000), pretty good paint job(2500), DET swap (3200), lower it with jic , teins , or ground control. That would finish off that money.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
sounds good to me, if you can save a lil more, some bolt ons would be top it all off.

·
Registered
306 Posts
put your money where your SPEED is...

Make your car truly fast before making just LOOK fast.
DET conversion, VLSD tranny, stage 2 clutch kit, full 3" stainless exhaust, springs/shocks, urethane bushings, LIGHT 16" rims, sticky tires, larger sway bars, etc.
...:bandit:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: put your money where your SPEED is...

95Gee20Tee said:
Make your car truly fast before making just LOOK fast.
... VLSD tranny, ...
Already has it! It's a '93. :)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
More lux, pricier, fatter and slower. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I had 10 grand

If I had that money I would sink it into my performance side of the car... Get a DET (BB) new cams, bore it 30 over, get new pistons, and rings, then I would keep that compression down with a 2mm copper head gasket. I would fix up the tranny ( if you have a automatic get the manual tranny. get a stage 2 clutch from ACT and a lighter flywheel. Then I would get a T3-T4 turbo and throw that in there with a custom job done to it with the front mount intercooler. You would need a stiffer front suspension and some soft tires ( street radials). and then if I had any more money left I would lower my car, get some 17 inch. volk (Rays) rims and if still have money left I would get the Diana kit made by Ward ( but that's $2850 for the complete kit, plus $800 for shipping it from Japan to the US.)

Dam I wish I had that kind of money! Good luck man!;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
10 G? Im thinking either a diana kit, a turbo, lowered, and rims...

or a Supra. :nervous:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:
Talking about me again huh? (except for the lux) ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
yeah i would put it as down payment and get a g35 coupe. I don't know why most of you prefer the Z? The G35 interior looks way better, *but* they are pretty much the same deal. The G35 is a little bit pricier (1-1.5 g's) but with Infiniti, you get a 5 year 60,000 mile warranty I believe compared to Nissans 3 year (36,000)

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
G-Forces said:
But you have a back seat, and it looks cleaner and the name is better too.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
3000 would go as a down payment on a bmw m7 or m5 and 3000 would go as a down on a tornado benneli a thousand would go to me shopping
and i would flip 2 thous in some sort of investment maybe as a down on another house or condo or aparterment and rent it out to make my currency grow
the last thous would just sit in the bank as backup
the 93 g20 i would put a cover on in the garage and just work on it as a side hobby for the next few years
casual

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: Re: put your money where your SPEED is...

NismoPC said:

Already has it! It's a '93. :)

not necissarily. In fact unlikely. Most, if not all of the pre-93.5 G20's didn't have lsd at all. Mine for example does not and it's a 93.

now how should you spend 10G's on your G. Hmmm...since you seem to pretty set on getting the kit you can pretty much cut that 10K down to about 5K due to the cost of the kit and painting. Now what to do with 5K. I'd say DET swap with full 3" exhaust, lightened flywheel, upgraded clutch (ACT), then some new legs (JIC, Bilstein, or Shigspeed coilovers). If there's any money left over I'd save it for some nice light wheels with some good tires (S0-3's).

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd take the money and go on a really nice vacation for about 3 months to some tropical paradise and forget all about the price of gasoline, terrorism, taxes and polution. I'm thinking Ritz Carlton Maui!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts