Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need a 93 G20 front suspension replaced, I am not looking for super performance just good standard suspension. What can I expect to pay for parts and Labor, I am hearing around $700 from my auto shop (parts/labor) is this correct?
Thanks for any info you may have!
-NK

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Suspension is too vague. What exactly will you be replacing? Shocks? Springs? Bushings? Mounts? Control Arms? Ball Joints?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I was having a weird sound occur while driving (intermitent) eminating from what originally I thought was the right corner of the dash, the sound seemed to be some type of rattle or something that would start and then continue while I hit bumps or uneven road conditions. When I passed a wall in a parking lot I could hear that this rattle type sound was coming from the outside and not from the dash.
I could not replicate this on numerous test drives with the mechanic but he mentioned that it could have something to do with the strut mounts or something else. I have never had the shocks replaced or anything like that so I figured if we already are going to get to the strut mounts then we should replace the shocks and do whatever else we need to do there.

I assume they will be replacing the shocks the mounts and lubricating and replacing other things. I will confirm this all on Monday although what is a ball park figure for replacing shocks and strut mounts?

thanks so much for your assistance,
NK

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Find out exactly what they are going to do for $700 cause if its just struts and the mounts, its not anywhere near $700 for parts and labor.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
yup..if your mechanically inclined do it yourself..its not as difficult and it may seem..and you save yourself a couple hundred bucks..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Thanks for the reply.
It is just the struts and the strut mounts they will be replacing.
I have no mechanic experience so I have to go to a shop.
It looks like it will cost about $600 dollars for parts and labor $85 per hour.
Is this about right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts