Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a '94 ECU pinout? I am trying to hook up a turbo timer, and need to figure out which wire to use for the RPM signal. I have a '93 FSM but the pinout is totally different. Any help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
damn, i would say do a search but it only does the new post for now. i did a write up on how to do install a greddy full auto timer. anyways its pin 26.

i dont remember the color of the thing but if you get that FSM look for the pinouts and you'll get it no problem, just make sure you check and make sure its the right one, then double check. it blows when you splice the wrong one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ummm....how can that be right? If youre looking for an RPM signal, speedometer wire isnt where youre gonna find it. speedometer shows vehice speed, not motor speed. if anything, it should come off the tach wire, right?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
well i used pin 26 and everything is fine. you can use the one off you're speedo too. its the same wire. but have fun takin off countless screws for the dash and then you got your gauge cluster. im tellin ya. PIN 26. you can even hook up the brake wire while you're there. look for my write up.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Surely it's pin 3 for a tach signal, that one is definitely a speed sensor signal so will be inactive when stopped...

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
markbuts3 said:
Surely it's pin 3 for a tach signal, that one is definitely a speed sensor signal so will be inactive when stopped...
shit. you are right. Pin 3 for the RPM, and pin 26 for the speedo. i got it mixed up. my bad. what kind of timer are you installing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts