Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that by replacing my 02 sensor that it will improve my city driving gas milege.

Recently I got 300 miles out of a tankful of mainly highway driving, so I was wondering, we only have 1 02 sensor on the exhaust manifold right?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yeah, 1 in the manifold and another downstream. But unless the o2 is bad replacing it isn't going to do anything. You'd just be replacing a good part with another good part

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grimsta said:
Yeah, 1 in the manifold and another downstream. But unless the o2 is bad replacing it isn't going to do anything. You'd just be replacing a good part with another good part

ohh someone just told me that there would be a 2nd one further back on an obd 2 car....I think the 95 MY G20 is an obd 1 car

·
Registered
462 Posts
If your O2 is bad, you will most likely get a code. So run a check even if the engine light is not on.
You could be running too rich for some reason. Also, 25 mpg is about normal for auto g20.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
You P10 has an O2 in the manifold and another in the cat. I bought a O2 simulator for the cat(2nd O2) off ebay and called it a day.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ERIKbronx said:
You P10 has an O2 in the manifold and another in the cat. I bought a O2 simulator for the cat(2nd O2) off ebay and called it a day.

I'll have to meet up with ya one day to get familiarized more with my car....

To the other poster, my car is a 5-speed....so I guess I will scan for codes then if the car really is an OBD2 car... since I have an OBD2 tester.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts