Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one help me out pleeeeaaasseee:eek: , my wifes G20 has a bad R/side axle (passenger), I have gone to look at 3 different axles all of wich were wrong, all 3 times the axles have no abs ring on the outer portion and the end that goes into the tranny is to short from the mounting point back. What is the deal are they giving me an axle for a non limited slip car? or am I doing somethin wrong? Thanks guys, its a 95 G20T with ABS and because its a T I assume limited slip oh yeah its a automatic. :*(

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
becareful I had this same problem. I went through 2 cv shafts and broke the seal in the transmission. My oil leaked out and caused my car to inherit the 5th gear syndrome!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I believe you need an axle from a limited slip diff(LSD). I know the tranny seal is a different size than a non-limited slip diff. When I changed my axle, the dealer asked if I had a LSD or non-LSD. There is a company in Fla. raxles.com, that sells axles. I have heard on this board that they are very good and reasonably priced. I believe somewhere around $150.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I had to replace my right side axle also. Took a while because I got like 4 or 5 wrong axles before getting the right one. Just have to keep trying. :-\

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Mike.Com said:
I had to replace my right side axle also. Took a while because I got like 4 or 5 wrong axles before getting the right one. Just have to keep trying. :-\

I hear that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts