Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question has probably been asked before, sorry if its annoying but i was wondering who would win a 1/4

--96 g20 with CAI, aftermark muffler (me)

or

--99 civic Si with CAI (friend)

or

--91 integra w/ not a damn thing (this kid talks alot of trash)

·
Registered
47 Posts
if you were to race your two friends at the same time (hypothetically speaking of course).. and assuming that they are all have manual transmissions and the fact that you are all of equal driving skill it would end like this:

1. si
2. g20
3. integra

·
Registered
628 Posts
What kind of integra? The si definately has more go than a g20 with about the same mods done to them. I drove my friends si and its got some good pick up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93InfG20 said:
What kind of integra? The si definately has more go than a g20 with about the same mods done to them. I drove my friends si and its got some good pick up.

its not the si but im not sure if b16 or b18 but no mods either

·
Registered
380 Posts
well it all depends on the driver... ive seen si's with mods run 16 and 17 constant at the strip. the si has been known to be one of the most non-constant 1/4 mile time car. and some people just cant drive

·
Registered
514 Posts
...i got bored... this was one of the intersting old threads to revive...

but i dont get it i race my firend (on the track) and he had a 96 civic si and he just had an intake, and i had a WAI act clutch lightwight flywheel , and i beat him by a car legenth

·
Registered
185 Posts
excuse me, i was thinking of the '95 SI HB. there were no '96 SIs. not that i recall, anyways.

either way, the only SIs in the '96-'00 years were '99-'00.

basically, your friend is lying or he swapped and REALLY sucks at driving.

·
Registered
514 Posts
gotcha... or he might have swapped in a b16.... it was a DOHC under the hood it wasint a a lil single slammer

·
Registered
185 Posts
yeah, it has a DOHC. just a dinky D15/16 nonvtec that puts out a whopping 116hp or so. even if he had a VTEC D series engine, it'd only be like 125hp or so.

and no, he didn't swap a B16 in unless he REALLY sucks at driving. a B16 would pull on the DE quite easily. especially when he gets up to speed. the SI heads is arguably the best breathing head of the B series heads.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I had a couple of runs with a 99-00 civic Si on valentines night. I lost all three runs, but I was always on his bumper the whole time. He didnt beat me by a long shot though. The 3rd run was my best cause we were right next to each other. I'm pritty sure If I had lsd, tuned my BC stg2 cams, calum tuned ecu with 370cc, and 2.5" exhaust I would of won him. I just wished my 2 friends werent in my car as extra baggage.

The civic looked stock sleeper look mostlikely with cai and headers. no jdm or rice at all.

I suck at launching though.. But like everyone says it all depends on the driver and experience.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a couple of runs with a 99-00 civic Si on valentines night. I lost all three runs, but I was always on his bumper the whole time. He didnt beat me by a long shot though. The 3rd run was my best cause we were right next to each other. I'm pritty sure If I had lsd, tuned my BC stg2 cams, calum tuned ecu with 370cc, and 2.5" exhaust I would of won him. I just wished my 2 friends werent in my car as extra baggage.

The civic looked stock sleeper look mostlikely with cai and headers. no jdm or rice at all.

I suck at launching though.. But like everyone says it all depends on the driver and experience.
right, a modded G compared to a relatively stock SI should win (but that argument is the same for pretty much any other car). it also doesn't help that the G is appx 400-500lbs heavier than the SI.

if you were to compare the SI to a VE G (stock for stock), that'd be a MUCH better comparison. then, we'd be truly comparing apples to apples.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts