Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a 98 Altima and it runs great except one thing. Maybe 3 or 4 times a week when we're at a red light or a stop sign and the car is idling, when we step on the gas to go, it will stall out. I'm thinking it's the fuel filter, does this sound right or does anyone else have an opinion.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
could be a number of things...

when was the last tune up, like chickenwing said, fuel filter, iacv... how does it normally idle? ~700 RPM? higher? lower?

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
well my friend the ka24de is nowne for the intake gasket blowing at cyl 4 port. as a nissan tech 90 % of the time that is the cuase for such issues. let me know if the cel is on or if you want any diag info. i really have way more time invested on the L30 altima and im really a wize on theese cars. I have done anything you could possibly emagine on this car

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
p10det said:
well my friend the ka24de is nowne for the intake gasket blowing at cyl 4 port. as a nissan tech 90 % of the time that is the cuase for such issues. let me know if the cel is on or if you want any diag info. i really have way more time invested on the L30 altima and im really a wize on theese cars. I have done anything you could possibly emagine on this car
really? I have some idle issues on my KA.... I did the stuff I mentioned to fix it. It got alot better, but its still kinda there. I'd have to pull the intake mani off to replace the gasket, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts