Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i remember reading before that the exhaust on a 99 was a little different from that of a 00-02, but i can't find the thread. anyone know?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
146 Posts
00-02 had a variable capacity exhaust which basicly means that it has two outlets and during low rev's (about 0-4000 rpm) it only uses one outlet and during higher rev's (4000-6750 rpm) it opens up the second outlet to help reduce back pressure. You can notice a little extra pull at about 4k when it opens up and if you have an intake you can hear it open up as well. The 00-02 G's also changed gear ratios for first and second gear to give you a little more pull off the line but you have to hit third to get to sixty.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm...that's actually pretty cool, i didn't know that.

but, what i am really looking for are any physical differences. are they interchangeable?

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
ok i know this thread is old as dirt but now i wanna know the answer to if they are interchangable. so are they?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
well if im not mistaken the pipe on the 00+ is longer by the cat...u have to make it shorter for 99 in order for it to fit:0)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
dsigns said:
They are not interchangable. Check out Pat's post about making the Greddy fit the 99's and you will get an idea of the work to make something like that fit.
And it still would be more trouble than it's worth. The variable capacity muffler is actually MORE restrictive than the 99's.:-\

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
For a more complete answer, Neither the Axle-back portion OR a Cat-Back exhaust is interchangeable. The axle-backs are connected in different places on the 99' and the 00+. The Cat-back systems are a bit off as well, but can be fixed pretty easily at an exhaust shop (check pats thread about it)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts