Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding.

I’ve run the diagnostic/test mode on the digital display and the ambient temp is reading normal. And the sensor towards the front bumper is still there.

Where else should i be checking for broken wires and/or sensors?

I’m guessing it’s the blend door actuator only because when i have it on auto and the ac compressor kicks on, i don’t feel the ac at all.

Appreciate any help i can get, thanks.

·
Registered
20,807 Posts
Oh, I would think unless your car has gone swimming, under dash wiring should be fine. The blend door motor is above the ECU, sort of near the center of the car. You'll need to remove the kick panels and crawl under there to find it.

Do you have the FSM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I would think unless your car has gone swimming, under dash wiring should be fine. The blend door motor is above the ECU, sort of near the center of the car. You'll need to remove the kick panels and crawl under there to find it.

Do you have the FSM?
Okay, i’ll check the wires to see if there are any broken wires.

No, I don’t have a copy of the FSM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here's a screenshot from the FSM:

I recommend getting a ratcheting 8mm wrench if you are going to replace it as the bolts are hard to get to. Like @trbobrk said, it is above the ECU so right in the center of the footwell by the firewall beneath the useless cup holder. I have the same issue and replacing the ambient temp sensor made no change. I removed the 3 bolts, removed the blend door actuator (a small white/black plastic box about 2" x 2"), moved the lever by hand, and boom got freezing cold air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the screen shot and advice!

Hopefully i get the same result as you and repairing/replacing the actuator will solve this problem.

Will update once I get a chance to work on this. You guys are awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts