Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 99 g20t 5 speed. im looking to do a sr20 swap most likely. ive searched and there alot of gray areas wen it come to 1999 g20's and FWD tranmission. i want about 200hp.....i was looking at the avenir and bluebird swaps but i dont know if they would work on my car...also wat are some other available awaps with that amount of hp and how much would each setup cost. and lastly if i bought a frontclip would i have everything i need for a swap into a 99 g20 or will i need special mounts or axles, or ecu programming.....if anyone could help that would be great....thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a stock motor that came with the car......how much hp and torque is it and should i just turbo t then.....how safe is a turbo on the stock motor???thanks for the replies

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The engine produced 140 crank horsepower at first, and 145 in '00+ editions (116 to 126 whp; stock range) and 132 ft·lbf or 136 ft·lbf (111 to 120 wft·lbf; stock range).

Often forced induction (turbocharging) is used to upgrade SR20DE powered G20s to middle or high levels, 200 to 300 whp.

Stock standard / manual transmissions are typically good to about 250 whp. Common standard / manual transmission modifications include: Cryo treating, shot peening, transmission case welding, aftermarket LSD, aftermarket axles, and aftermarket clutches. With some or all of the common mods just listed and proper driving you should be able to easily do 350+ whp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_G20

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
g20rider said:
i just bought a 99 g20t 5 speed. im looking to do a sr20 swap most likely. ive searched and there alot of gray areas wen it come to 1999 g20's and FWD tranmission. i want about 200hp.....i was looking at the avenir and bluebird swaps but i dont know if they would work on my car...also wat are some other available awaps with that amount of hp and how much would each setup cost. and lastly if i bought a frontclip would i have everything i need for a swap into a 99 g20 or will i need special mounts or axles, or ecu programming.....if anyone could help that would be great....thanks in advance for your replies.

Either an avenir W11 or a bluebird U13 DET swap can work. There are slight differences between them...

No one really runs either of the above stock but if one did the output would be around 220 hp at the crank and 180 whp.

Your MAF is good to about 250 whp, you will need a JWT ECU or some kind of aftermarket engine management system, and other stuff...

Clips are good for they come with a lot of parts but the price is generally higher than just the engine alone. But as you have most of the parts on your current engine...

Cost should be give or take for the engine $1000 to $2000, installing it $800 to $1200, plus $1000 for random parts or upgrades. Sometimes you find deals or hade hook-ups... Be on the look out here and on SR Forum.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
noobs

g20rider said:
i have a stock motor that came with the car......how much hp and torque is it and should i just turbo t then.....how safe is a turbo on the stock motor???thanks for the replies
If you have to ask this question you shouldnt be doing a swap at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b18onboost said:
If you have to ask this question you shouldnt be doing a swap at all.
wellim kinda new to the nissan/infiniti world.....i was a honda guy, but they have no torque and need too much work to get what i want out of it....plus hondas get no respect...so im just learning wat i can...gotta start somewhere

thanks for the replies everyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts