Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just manually reset my ECU and read the flashes on the service engine soon light, it flashed 6 long, 8 short, pause then 1 long, 2 short, I think this means cylinder 1 misfire and a bad Maf sensor, thing is i got a diagonstic done at a nissan dealer, they had the cylinder one misfire too, but not the MAF. I think I may have triggered the MAF code because I unplugged the sensor to inspect the connection after the diagonstic. but if the MAF sensor is still good shouldnt there be no code coming up, since I did reset the ECU, or are all codes perminantly storred in a memory, also could a bad MAF give you a missfire on cylinder one, or are they totally unrelated, if I do have a BAd MAF why diddnt the dealer pick it up. or is it just a code that I triggered when I unplugged it and now wont go away?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how do you completly erase all codes from the OBD 11, so I can see if they come up again and are legit, do I unplug the ECU Harness?

·
Registered
224 Posts
bring it 2 a auto zone they will reset it for free with a computer rather then that the same way you did it last time by hand

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I've had my Check engine light and reset it by hand but it turned back on the later the same day. I counted the flashes. Flashed 5 long, paused, and 5 short and it kept repeating. anybody know what seems to be the problem?

·
Registered
936 Posts
p11driver, your code:
68 - Misfire detected - cylinder no. 1: Check number 1 spark plug, ignition wire, compression or injector.
12 - Mass airflow sensor/circuit: Mass airflow sensor source or ground circuit(s) may be shorted or open. Check the mass airflow sensor or circuit.

818_'99G20, your code is:
55 - Normal engine management system operation is indicated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts