Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here had use or has the Harman Kardon Drive + Play unit in their car? I want to plug in my Ipod into my Bose system and seems like this is the best way to do it. Not sure if it compatible with my car, but the guy from best buy told me that it would work just fine. I got the Bose factory radio.

Harman Kardon Drive + Play Model: DP1 US

Any words if this is a good unit to buy or should i look for something different?

Thanks guys...

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ones familiar with this model that can tell me something...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
yea iv read up on it a couple times.
Wired magazine covered it in one of their
test issues. they said it was the best option
out of all the other models/brands.

i personally love Harman Kardon. i have their
system for my computer and it kicks ass.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I work at best buy and have heard some pretty good things about it from a few guys that installed it. I'm thinking about installing one in my p10 but i'm not sure where i'd mount the screen.

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blackp10g20 said:
I work at best buy and have heard some pretty good things about it from a few guys that installed it. I'm thinking about installing one in my p10 but i'm not sure where i'd mount the screen.
I been thinking on that too. not sure were to place the screen. guess i'll buy it and just try to find places in the car to see were i can fit it best. don't really want to drill or to something to my dashboard...

·
Registered
963 Posts
agreed, no cutting/drilling in my interior anymore. But at the same time i don't want it to just chill somewhere, not securely held down. I don't know, i want to keep it up high but i see little options for that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im a installer at Best Buy, and Ive done a few of them. Most customers love them. The user interface is very intuitive.

As for mounting th peices I have used double sided tape in some cars. Dont use the 3M trim style double sided tape [grey] it doesnt work. Ive been meaning to make a pod for the screen in my buddy's tC. That is always an option. CUSTOM!|

If you are running a deck that doesnt have an analog in make sure you get the direct FM modulator peice, or all you will get is static. Also If you have a factory radio you will need ant. adptors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts