Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

99 to 2001 differences?

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  tampa 
#1 ·
Did they do anything different to the motor between 99-2001? I know they had a 5 HP increase in 2002 but aside from this, all I can see is that the dash had some information lamps re arranged, they added the power truck pop after 99, and the cruise control switch was diffrent on the dash.

The muffler went to 2 tips after 99 sometime, but is there anything else?

#5 ·
i think the fasteners between 99 sideskirts and 00+ are different...the ecu is 32 bit in the 00+ where the 99 still has a 16bit ecu.there is trim on the bumper for the muffler on the 00+ also. The transmisssions are better design...lots of little things.

#6 ·
j-tek, I am thinking of buying an 02 black sport auto with 200K, just wondering how much more I can get out if it, its only going to be a commuter and I am keeping it stock.

#8 ·
this car will have zero service records, I know some stuff has been done though and the car drives really good too.

#9 ·
There are MANY differences between the 99 and 00+.

Motor and trans
ECM and engine sensors
Leather
Wheels
Gauge cluster
Climate Controls

From what I've noticed many little differences. Never assume 99 parts will fit 00+ or vice versa.

For example, I recently bought a used AC line from a user from here from a 99, it fit but some of the bends were a bit different.

#13 · (Edited)
1999 - Best engine (8 CW crank, main girdle, non RR) Old school ECU (16bit) 3 button FOB
2000 - RR engine (4CW crank, Roller rocker) 32 bit ecu - shares same speedo cluster as 1999, 4 button FOB /w trunk pop
2001 -2002 - same rr engine, one touch up/down windows, engine wiring changes from 2000. speedo cluster wiring changed.

My opinion on the 2000+ is that the RR engine has more pep spins up faster. Weaker engine design. Revised transmission. Not impossible to tune, we are getting ready to build a turbo 32 bit car and wiring isn't that bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.