Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i just had a vision
A 13 second 1/4 mile G????
I was at the street races here ( actually i was in my friends house and you can actually see the races from his roof) and i saw this wrx killing everycar out there. It was truely a beautiful site and it inspired me. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BEAT THAT WRX! lol
alright so i graduate soon from highscool and that means big $ from the family....what should i do to make it run 13seconds
thanks for time
nick

·
Registered
211 Posts
take off the underglow, too much weight already with those silly P11s:cheeky:

Seriously though...

Hmm, a DET swap or something, or you could take a Hotshot SE-R turbo and fit that (i think its the IC pipe that wont fit, an easy custom fab), or you could go with Nitrogen Dioxide...or both...:evil:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would have to say a really nice turbo set up and some squeeze will get you into the 13s. If you put enough money into the turbo you wont even need the squeeze. Lolz

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Nahh, you can do it with out the NOS. :p

If you've got around $7 large you can easily get into the 13s. I think 300whp and some slicks should get you there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh i said i was in my friends house..he doesn't live in pasadena. he lives in Sunland...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea the races there are sick almost like fast and the furious style
just on a smaller scale but with teh same organization and same type of bad ass cars..but cops get there in like 30-45min

·
Registered
80 Posts
DragerG20 said:
take off the underglow, too much weight already with those silly P11s:cheeky:

Seriously though...

Hmm, a DET swap or something, or you could take a Hotshot SE-R turbo and fit that (i think its the IC pipe that wont fit, an easy custom fab), or you could go with Nitrogen Dioxide...or both...:evil:

I don't think you want to go shooting NO2 (nitrogen dioxide) into your engine. Maybe some N2O (nitrous oxide).

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
And what if you spray hydrogen....?

"so what do you have in your car? NOS?"
"nah man...i got HOS."

lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
ser turbo=13secs

ser turbo huh from hotshot, you think the jwt ecu upgrade would work and possibly the fuel injectors fit too, if soo give me a few weeks and i'll have that on, a turbo might get me in the 13teens but it aint gonna get my ass from OH to Cali, sorry guys i would show that wrx up if i could.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, you really need to know what you're doing to run a turbo, don't forget there's the upkeep on it too. Homework is your friend! Turbo's are already expensive enough without having to take it to someone everytime something happens. A decent T28 setup or a small T3 setup would yield you 13 second 1/4mile runs, granted you can hook up with that power. Don't forget, you have a 2002 G20, you're gonna need a different ECU and sensors to get the right maps into your ECU. that might not be the most fun either. If you're serious about it, there are people here who can make it happen though! Good Luck!

·
Registered
539 Posts
13 second G20t...

DET swaps rule... www.smooth-effects.com under members then Adam... You will see the engine bay for my 99 P11 w/ a DET. The swap isn't as straight foward as you would think for anything 98 and up... JWT can't upgrade ECU's 98 and up... be prepared for some crazy work.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: 13 second G20t...

Infiniti99 said:
DET swaps rule... www.smooth-effects.com under members then Adam... You will see the engine bay for my 99 P11 w/ a DET. The swap isn't as straight foward as you would think for anything 98 and up... JWT can't upgrade ECU's 98 and up... be prepared for some crazy work.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Care to enlighten us on some of the details? I notice none of the piping is hooked up yet. What are you using for fuel enrichment and timing control?
:monkey:

·
Registered
539 Posts
No, at the point the pictures were taken, it was bearly done... My factory intercooler got hammered in shipping so I was bent. It was taking way too long for the replacement to come in so I decided to run intercooler-less @ 7 PSI with an HKS EVC. Big mistake... DET's are not happy without it. So, in the shop it sits right now for a front-mount:lol: :lol: . Either way, I had to purchase a 95-97 SE-R ECU so that I could have the JWT upgrade for fuel management and timing, along with a beefier intank fuel pump to work those 370cc injectors, then you have to start changing sensors, i.e. coolant temperature sender (for the ECU, NOT the gauge cluster) 2 O2 sensors, and TPS. Being that this motor has a distributer type ignition, I am able to manually retard or advance timing, to an extent. That is about as far as I have gotten into it. I am beginning to think that an AFC is the way to go, but I will find out as time goes on... SR20's are strong motors so I intend to be pushing about 14psi when it comes out with the front-mount, praying that I don't run too lean, but JWT can do some amazing things to a factory ECU, their upgrade is actually better than the stock DET ECU

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Infiniti99 said:
I am beginning to think that an AFC is the way to go, but I will find out as time goes on... SR20's are strong motors so I intend to be pushing about 14psi when it comes out with the front-mount, praying that I don't run too lean, but JWT can do some amazing things to a factory ECU, their upgrade is actually better than the stock DET ECU
Cool. I'm aware of all of this since I've been researching turbo systems for my 99 for a couple years now. You're on the right track with the JWT. I think you'll just end up with a 200lb pile of parts if you try and tune it with an AFC. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts