Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got several A/C compressors with bad clutches now- I've replaced them with compressors with good clutches. When I've checked around, no-one seems to have replacement parts for the clutches. Is this do-able or am I just as far ahead replacing the whole compressor? And where can I buy the clutch parts (clutch assy is $251 at everythingg20.com)? Most of the time, seems like it's just the bearing that goes and makes it noisy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My '93 has 149k and is whining like a hurricane. My A/C works very well and I am looking into just replacing the pulley bearing. I understand that this requires a puller and have been told that you do not need to evacuate and recharge. If you have heard of any other procedure, let me know. I will notify you if this works.

·
Registered
963 Posts
well you'll have to evacuate and recharge the system anytime you take that compressor out, and i'm assuming that's what you'll need to do to work on it (not much room with it on the car).

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far, I've found that AZ appears to have most of the specialized tools to work on the A/C clutch thru their tool rental program. I keep forgetting to ask Justin if he can get the bearing and other assoc parts separately from the whole assy. I've got one or two laying around I could play with, maybe when it warms up a little around here. It does seem like you'd have to pull it, but I'm also looking into the charging system. I know you can get a vacuum pump that works off a compressor for cheap- anybody done that? The charge-it-yourself systems don't really work well for a full recharge- you've really got to vacuum out the system, and you should have the whole gauge/hose setup for both the high and low sides to do it right. Prob also need a collection of replacement o-rings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts