Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've searched the forums and couldn't find very much about my problem, so I've decided to post it here.

My Problem:
I live in Chandler, Arizona, and on July 14th there was a huge thunderstorm here... Well I drove home from work that night, no problems right? Wrong.. I get up the next morning and start the car, and there is an awful schreeching noise coming from the fromt right side (passenger side) next to the tire. Turns out it is the A/C making noise, yet when I turn the A/C on the sound disappears, I've done some research and found it could be the barrings when in idle making a low noise, but I'm not 100% sure. But it does blow COLD. Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks,
Cavern

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
belt or compressor bearings

·
Administrator
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welp, thanks ff! It is the A/C Clutch... Now the only problem is, how/where to buy a new one, I've checked Autozone, Checker, Etc... No go on those, tried an Import shop and they said it'd be $140 up front for it. I also found on the board how to bypass it with another belt, i might end up doing that untill i get it fixxed. any ideas where to get a new one for cheep?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Actually I just got back from my auto shop class *I'm tryin' to fix my A/C... ha* and I found out I need a clutch too. Actually, a whole new compressor cuz I found out that my car had the A/C removed. So I'm gonna start a search for a compressor too *as well as a new low-side hose ($60). Compressors will cost too much at an Infiniti dealer, so I'm trying to find if a Nissan (a 200SX maybe?) has the same compressor so I can get it cheaper. Keep me updated if you find anything.

·
Administrator
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well for a compressor and clutch, i've found places for about $309 out here. Im still looking of course, but other then that, im not sure. My A/C blows cold for a while, then it gets warm, then goes cold again, is that a problem with the compressor or does it need freeon?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
When does it get cold/warm? Is this at stops, or just intermittently on the freeway or what? It can be freon... it can also be a water drop in the system, or maybe your fan is out. What's causes the warming?

·
Administrator
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well with as much miles as you have on it when i talked to you, 191,000, i think its safe to say you will prob need to replace either your A/C Clutch or your A/C Compressor, either case its quite alot of money from what i have found out...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I got estimates for about $350 for a compressor/clutch setup for the G20. Pretty expensive. I've yet to find out if a 200SX or any other car uses the same compressor. :-\ But I don't have a car to be fixing anymore....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts