Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey..

I'm looking to upgrade my factory brake setup on my p10. I want to achieve a more responsive brake pedal, with less "squish". I'd like to do all this fairly cheap, i'm not looking for a BABK. Also, I dont plan on changing anything in the rear, would this be considered okay?

Rotors, maybe slotted, drilled.. around 100$ a peice?
Calipers, not really sure on this, ?
Pads, EBC green stuff.
Steel brake lines, what is recommended here?
a full bleed on the brake fluid, and replace with something good?

I'm looking to see what you guys recommend for me, and anything I missed.. sanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
slaya said:
hey..

I'm looking to upgrade my factory brake setup on my p10. I want to achieve a more responsive brake pedal, with less "squish". I'd like to do all this fairly cheap, i'm not looking for a BABK. Also, I dont plan on changing anything in the rear, would this be considered okay?

Rotors, maybe slotted, drilled.. around 100$ a peice?
Calipers, not really sure on this, ?
Pads, EBC green stuff.
Steel brake lines, what is recommended here?
a full bleed on the brake fluid, and replace with something good?

I'm looking to see what you guys recommend for me, and anything I missed.. sanks.
p11 brakes bolt ons if u got 15 inch wheels

brembo blanks, ceramic pads all around

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I wouldn't get drilled rotors.

Most of the time they are drilled after the casting process, leaving weak points around the holes, much different than if the were made with drilled holes than drilling the holes after they're made, and if anything, it's less rotor surface to pad contact.

It doesn't seem like you'd need some braking power beyond daily driving, so slotted and drilled rotors aren't really all that needed.

I'd just flush all your brake fluid, see how the car is, then go get some Brembo Blanks all around, and OEM pads or some Hawk Ceramics.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What about using Wilwood 10.75" kits? I know the 11.75 won't squeeze under the OEM 14" wheels, but it seems that there might be clearance for the smalest kit? Anyone try this? http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Pages/08/index.asp

Also, what are Brembo blanks?

Edit#1: I see that JGY sells wilwood kits for Sentras and potentially G20s...

Edit#2: I answered my own question on the blanks thing...sorry about that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I called Wilwood, and they pointed me to a company called fastbrakes.com It appears they have brake kits for P10s and 11s if anyone is interested in taking a look. My guess is these won't clear 14" wheels, but I guess that depends on how they designed their caliper brackets. I'll call and put that info in here.

Info: BBK needs a 15" wheel, and it won't fit oem 15s either, unless you use spacers. Ah well...I don't need to spend that much money anyway

·
Registered
663 Posts
Also if you get the torque member for a P11GT rear brakes, and a 280mm rear disk you will get extra stopping power at the back.

Mike

·
Registered
592 Posts
I did my front/rear brake upgrades with:

1. Set of cross drilled and slotted front and rear disk brake rotors ($126.99 from www.ebay.com - Race Concepts...FREE SHIPPING!)
2. Set of front and rear Duralast Gold semi-metallic brake pads ($29.99 x 2 from www.Autozone.com with limited lifetime warranty)
3. Set of remanufactured front and rear calipers ($44.99 x 2 and $90.99 x 2 after core exchange from www.Autozone.com with limited lifetime warranty)
4. Bled the braking system ($7 One-man self bleeder kit from www.autozone.com)

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
i dont think so on the P11 calipers under 14" wheels.

get some sloted brembo rotors, Hawk pads, stainless lines, get some really good brake fluid DOT 4. flush the entire system. dont just bleed it. that should be more than enough braking force for you and give you a rock hard pedal. if you want a harder pedal you can install a 94+ Q45 master cylinder..

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Would the B15 Sentra Spec-v calipers & rotors fit out P10 or P11. arent they bigger and more performance?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts