Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend and g20.net board member has an automotive dilemna. He purchased a turbo p10 off ebay in february and not long after was in an accident with it. He also had to replace the starter and water pump when he bought it because they went bad, and now has 5th gear pop out.
Most of the people who went to the recent I4NE meet know him, he's "the beaner" on here and he did the volvo burnout.

heres the car/thread: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44917

I think the car is salvagable, the damage isnt that bad, but it might be a couple grand to fix and the local Vocational Tech school automotive teacher said it might not be worth it :-\

Anyway, we were thinking of throwing his engine + anything else we might wanna keep into another vehicle. A local respected tuner shop suggested throwing the FWD engine into a S13, which sounds wacky to me. The obvious solution would be a sentra, nx or g20 w/ blown engines, but what if we strayed away from nissan. They claim to be able to put any engine into any car(they also sponsor theyre own drift team).

I am on the verge of picking up a MKI rabbit, perfectly running, but stripped(except for drivetrain which means u could drive it around) which was stripped for a restoration that never happened.

Now my buddy has 7 months to find a car before his sister reclaims her car which he now drives, so what if we fixed up the rabbit to road worthy condition, swap some things from the G into it in the process , make it his daily, and when we're good and done throw the SR20DET in there?

Crazy?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Make it mid engined, rear wheel drive. I'd forget the turbo stuff and put some carbs on the sr20. It would make a hard swap a bit easier by eliminating a lot of wires. It would probably be more reliable too.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we've looked at an older MR2. i guess it could be an option but i dunno bout engine fitment

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try talkin to p10det (Mike)... I don't know if you met him, but he was in a p10 from the MD crew... he knows a lot about turbos n is a Nissan tech.. also, what's Kwiky got to say bout it?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
havnt talked to ronny. honestly itd be cool if we could maybe organize a meet and do an engine swap for him and save him like $1000.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea saw that one only problem is its in FL. anyone know any other good swap shops in jersey? i was originally referring to www.customcarperformance.com(their page seems to be down right now)

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i swear i saw another p10 shell somewhere, i think more local to us. if i come across it again ill be sure to post up

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx a lot man, im always on the lookout too, even ebay if they got some super high mileage or blown engine ones.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alrighty by some stroke of luck we have found the perfect candidate for the swap ...

its identical to his current G minus for the lack of sunroof(which he doesnt want anyway) and lack of leather ... which he now also doesnt want ... something bout cloth being lighter haha

its a blown motor with a good 5speed tranny(his has 5th gear popout)

its 7 miles from my house and we're gonna see it tomorrow and throw the guy an offer

stay tuned ...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea theres rust in the lower rear quarter panels at the lower edge where the doors shut. looks terminal. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts