- '99 AR2 g20t 5 speed running perfectly (in this case, maintained by Infiniti most of it's life right up to the last battery)
- 19 degrees timing advance (93 octane a must)
- '93 intake cam
- SSAC header with 2.5" collector
- stock cat with O2
- 2.25" Mandrel systems cat-back with Magnaflow 18" resonator and stock Calsonic muffler. Tubes welded.
- red valve cover, adds 1HP as does the red paint job on the car
Running 205/50 R16 Falkens in the summer and 195/60 R15 General Altimax Arctic in the winter. Both have been my favorite tire combos thus far.
The car drives so well, sounds so good with just a little growl and accelerates hard all the way to redline. So smooth, no dips or surges just very satisfying acceleration and control. Just a little more power over stock, with stock sound levels, no boomy-ness just a meaner characteristic to the exhaust note up to and through WOT.
I may add a JWT short RAM but the sound level is perfect. Not sure I need the little extra HP for the other trade-offs. I tried the Magnaflow muffler, but it was ridiculous. I can't believe how loud they let a 2.25" inlet can sound that loud. I couldn't tell any power difference by putting the stock muffler back on, even at top end. Again, maybe with an opened intake.
What a great balance and even though the G20t might be "underpowered" in stock form according to some, it has plenty of gut on tap if you just let the darn thing spin like it was designed. I did the upgrades in stages and could feel the difference each time. Did the header first with everything else stock, didn't feel right and had surges in the power band. It all needs to be done at once IMHO.