Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I have a Nissan Primera GT 150hp. SR20DE? Well i would like to increse the engine performence a little (not turbo conv,). So you that have tested alot of things what is the best? I got a open air filter. I have heard that i can get 8+ if i only chance the HEADER...have any of you tested that? Is it anything that aint good whit that? Anything else that i can do to increse a little? Im new here plus im from Sweden so sorry about my english.
Thx/ Jonas

·
Registered
963 Posts
U could also get a CAI(cold air intake), some pullies, catback exhaust, and cams. These r the main products people start with usually.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX!!!

Thank you for your rapid answer! But the things you told me dont really give anything except cams..right??? If i dont buy NEW cams can i do anything whit the old ones that increase power whitout losing any on low RPM?? I really happy you help me!
Thx/ Jonas
The thing is i dont wanna put more than about 1000us dollars!:/

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: THX!!!

nsng20 said:
U could also get a CAI(cold air intake), some pullies, catback exhaust, and cams. These r the main products people start with usually.

jonas23 said:
Thank you for your rapid answer! But the things you told me dont really give anything except cams..right??? If i dont buy NEW cams can i do anything whit the old ones that increase power whitout losing any on low RPM?? I really happy you help me!
Thx/ Jonas
The thing is i dont wanna put more than about 1000us dollars!:/
I'd suggest to start with the Hotshot Header. Now I know you said that you're in Denmark, so you may have to search around to see if there a place that can get one for you. The cold air intake would be the next step. After that, most other SR20DE mods will give you a few HP here and there, but the header and cold air intake would be the best bang-for-the-buck mods for you.
;)

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Header, Cold Air Intake and Exhaust are very good for starters! They are somewhat the basics too. You will gain HP if you upgrade them. As you increase your level of cold air in the engine, you need to increase the exhaust (pipe size, cat) level to match it... and remember, you also have to match the fuel level as well. I suggest you look into Fuel Pressure Regulators, they work wonders! :) After that... things like pulleys, cams, etc.. will give you additional boost! You wanna remain under $1 buck, still you might have to bend that a lil' over if you want the good stuff... but the basics are always the way to go... unless... :eek: "
OH SHIT!! NOOOSSSS!!!!" :eek: ... "BOOOOMMM!!!"
-Fast and Furious-

My two cents :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK!

Im going to get a HEADER!! Is the HOTSHOT the best?? What about sound, when crusing? Do i import it from HOTSHOT.COM you think? Or anyone now any place in NY? So i only have to put it on? Can i be a moron to do that? ;)
This really is a good place to get info... hmmm i got a 1998 Nissan Primera GT 150hp...is it the same HEADERS as Infiniti G20 1998??

THX/ Jonas

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: OK!

jonas23 said:
Im going to get a HEADER!! Is the HOTSHOT the best?? What about sound, when crusing? Do i import it from HOTSHOT.COM you think? Or anyone now any place in NY? So i only have to put it on? Can i be a moron to do that? ;)
This really is a good place to get info... hmmm i got a 1998 Nissan Primera GT 150hp...is it the same HEADERS as Infiniti G20 1998??

THX/ Jonas
Yo Jonas, slow down!!! :eek:
Ok, first things first;
1)Hotshot Gen5 header is the best
2)don't know about cruising sound, but I've read that it sounds like mad or excited crickets when you stomp the gas
3)Try to get it from anywhere but Hotshot.com(The products are great but their customer service is horrible:rolleyes: )
4)You'll have to call around to see if you can get it NY(I'd say try www.jimwolftechnology.com first to see if they have it)
5)The Nissan Primera and Infiniti G20 are mechanically the same car with minor differences here and there, but Infiniti never offered the G20 in 1998 (P10 G20 91-96, P11 G20 99-02)
6)You can put the headers on. If you go to www.se-r.net, there should be a page explaining how to install the Hotsot Header.
There, hope that helps. =)

PS:
7)You don't have to be moron to put the headers on.
But it helps:p

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
OK, no problem, since you ordered it already then it shouldn't matter. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
argh

hmmm i havent really sad that i wanna have it...but almost can you say if it is the one you sad??
Thx/ Jonas

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Fraychild said:
you also have to match the fuel level as well. I suggest you look into Fuel Pressure Regulators, they work wonders! :)
Not on our cars. We have a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor that adjusts everything for us already. Fuel pressure regulators are not needed (nor do they really produce any more power). If you had a MAP sensor (like a Honda) then a fuel pressure regulator would help, but with the MAF sensor it really doesn't.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: argh

jonas23 said:
hmmm i havent really sad that i wanna have it...but almost can you say if it is the one you sad??
Thx/ Jonas
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking about?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: argh

jonas23 said:
Thx/ Jonas
:confused: ?!?!?!?:confused:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
JONAS what are you talking about???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SRY!!!

I did post reply on wrong plz....it should be on my first tread;)...im sry...but im REALLY new. he.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts