Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna go postal!!!!!!!!!!!! My brakes are driving me bonkers!!!!!!! About a month ago I wanted to replace my front brake pads on my P10t. I cannot for the life of me loosen the lower caliper bolt!!! I had next to no time to dink around with it so I had to quit. Today I tried again and it was the same story, but this time I used some JB 80 penetrating lubricant and it still didn't budge! I actually broke my socket adapter tool. I've got metal on metal for braking and it scrapes when/while I turn sharp to the left whether I'm braking or not. WHAT CAN I DO??????!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
make a breaker bar to create leverage...that ALWAYS works. I used a metal pipe I had. put the end of the ratchet in the hole, slid to extend it, push down...bam, that bitch is loose.

no pipe? use the end handle of a hydraulic jack ;)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
PB blaster is the way to go, but it takes a bit of time to penetrate. Ugly is also on the right track, I had a hell of a time with the caliper bolts too but a breaker bar or pole to give you more leverage will help a lot. You only need a quarter turn to break the bolt free (not to be confused with breaking the bolt :lick: ) then with some muscle you can finish it off without a full breaker bar (since there isn't a ton of room in there)

·
Registered
242 Posts
i used box end wrench and used the jack out of my moms camry to jack up on the wrench, it was actually bending the wrench and i thought it was going to break but then it gave and all was well, then came the part of getting the rotors off the hub....(this only works on one side i think the drivers side)

edit: buy some anti sieze paste for the bolts and the rotor

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If you still can't get the bolt off, take it in and have the brakes done for you. If the fronts are scraping the rotor then you have very little braking going on at the front, and that is unsafe for you and others on the road. You will need new rotors now.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
autox_blonde said:
damn guys i didnt have that much trouble and im a weak lil blonde girl lol
well females have extra superduper human strength. They are known to push little 6-8lbs humans out of their VAJEEEENS!!! :p

·
Registered
371 Posts
Make sure you are goiung the right direction. Also like they said use a ratchet and on the end get some sort pf pipe to fit just around the ratchet end, easy pickings. Remember physics class, Torque=Perpendicular Force*Distance, so the longer the length of the make-shift ratchet the more torque and hence the easy it is to loosen, something like a DIY breaker bar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts