Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I need some opinions and help here. Ok i got b&g coilovers. I havent measured it yet but it is pretty low(its abut a one finger gap in between wheel and wheel well). Is this too low? and if it is how low should i have it for best ride and look at the same time? thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
dude slam that thing so that there is the smallest gap inbetween the wheel and the wheel well. I doubt that like a quarter of an inch is going to drastically change how the ride quality is.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
dude slam that thing so that there is the smallest gap inbetween the wheel and the wheel well. I doubt that like a quarter of an inch is going to drastically change how the ride quality is.
I beg to differ. With only a one finger gap between the wheel and the wheel well you're probably getting pretty close to running out of suspension travel (unless the B&Gs are shortened, which i don't think they are?) another 1/4" might eliminate all the remaining travel that car has, making it ride very poorly. The ride won't change until you start to bottom out, then it gets really bad, really fast.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about this then, i jsut got a new clutch and it seems like its not the same as it used to be when i got it like 3 months ago. Is there a possibility that it being that low the tires rubbin against something in the wheel well is makin it different 5 drivin? thanks i think its a stupid ? but i just want to know cause my dad thought i had to do with it so i want to clarify that!!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
On my b+g coilovers I'm as low as you are. I too have a one finger gap in the back, just barely and the front. I wouldn't suggest you go any lower, because it looks slammed as is. Sure you can slam it more, but then you would be scraping shit left and right. At this height, I'm even scraping the bottom of my GReddy piping when I go into my garage.

You should be able to answer the question. I mean, with the current setup you have now, it will definitely look nicer. I had TEINS and that had about a 2 finger gap and looked nice - this obviously is lower, thus looking better. Remember people from far away will think your car has no gap between the tire and fender.. so as far as looks go, dont go lower, you're fine now.

Any lower and there won't be much of suspension travel.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
atomic-G said:
On my b+g coilovers I'm as low as you are.
Hey! When'd you get those? I don't suppose you got a side by side pic of the B+G shocks and the TEINS did ya? :nervous:

What made you go with them?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
When I was at Saber Performance sometime ago, Kurt there told me he was getting a shipment in for the b+g's. He even cut me a good deal and told me not to mention it to Dom :) - cus I know Dom spent alot on the coilovers. So I said what the heck, I'd give them a shot, since when riding in Dom's ride that time at our first mini meet on Yonge at that restaurant, I liked how it rode.

So basically, I wouldn't have picked them up if Kurt didn't give me the deal.

Did you mean a side by side picture of the setups, or how they look on my ride?... I can tell you, I don't have a side by side or any picture of the coilovers or teins :). I don't know why I have a digital cam sometimes.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
atomic-G said:
since when riding in Dom's ride that time at our first mini meet on Yonge at that restaurant, I liked how it rode.
Yeah they do ride really nice even on a low setting like 1.75".

Did you mean a side by side picture of the setups
Yeah, that's what I mean.

I can tell you, I don't have a side by side or any picture of the coilovers or teins :).
Bastard!

I don't know why I have a digital cam sometimes.
Neither do I man, neither do I...
:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts