Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

about to buy a g20 p10

620 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  ahwai 
#1 ·
what should I look for?
what are the things that you guys know I will encounter with such an old car.
Going to check it out tomorrow

#2 ·
any electrical issues to be known about, engine problems? like consistent stuff, or is the sr20de a pretty god damn reliable car and all i have to worry about are the seals and bushings and standard stuff like axles, ball joints, seals, timing?

#3 ·
#4 ·
ahwai said:
any electrical issues to be known about, engine problems? like consistent stuff, or is the sr20de a pretty god damn reliable car and all i have to worry about are the seals and bushings and standard stuff like axles, ball joints, seals, timing?
Those are all dependent of mileage, if you got a high mileage car you'll probably need to replace more suspension components. The starters are known to go bad, I've replaced 2 in my years. That is also on 2 different cars though. Also, the climate control lights tend to go out. Also, the tach may go crazy on ya. Other than that I've had a happy relationship with g20's.

#7 ·
I have surface rust on my sideskirt, nothing major. These cars don't develop honda rot if that's what you are thinking of. And yes, you can get parts from any car with the sr20de. If you do a search you will find there are differen't variants of the sr20, highport, lowport, etc.

Check the FAQ at the top of this section, there is alot of useful information in there, for instance:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13341

#8 ·
The front fenders may well rust out -- stuff gets down underneath between them and the frame and rusts through the fenders. I also have some surface rust on the frame because of it (right below the fender), but nothing catastrophic.

Even with the different SR20 variants, a lot of accessories transfer over. Headers, clutches, and alternators work on all SR20s, and cams as well as some other parts work on all pre-2000 SR20s. The main difference within the 1990s was that they switched intake designs midway through.

#10 ·
The rear quarters aren't an issue on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.