Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah this morning on my way to work. I slow down to pull into the 7-11 for a bite to eat. well when i hit the brakes my headlights flick on and off adn my radio dies and my abs light flashes. tehn after letting off the brake or holding it for a secound it all comes back, radio kicks back on and ligths are back and the abs light goes away....
I did some searching and found some ideals.
it could be my ABS computer
Wire grounding out form my raido(finished all that crap abput two weeks ago)
wire grounding out someware else
or my alternator/batt is crapping out

But im still not shure, all the posts i looked at are really about the abs/brakes not the radio/headlights-brake lights. Any help would be awesome thanks
Im going to pull the radio tomorrow and check everything over reallly well. I thought it was a bad connection to my batt, but i checked that and it was still nice and tight form last time i messed with that, I dont think this is a huge problem, It came and went. and it was doing it driving home with-out my lights on.

thanks
Steven

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay....... So i jsu twent out right now to test drive it around the block, and its dead... It came on as normal when i put my key in but when i met to strat it, it kinda tryed to spin the starter but stoped and nothing.... so im going to buy a new battery if it dies or goes dead. ill put on a alternator.... but ill still up for anyones ideals....

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I went out to my car again, Played with some wires(batt wires) with my door open to see if i could see the light get bright or turn off. well it went off but didnt get brighter. So i get in the car and try to put up the window, when i put my key in the light got bright and it starts..... So now im kinda bothered by this problem... Im really lost.... thanks guys

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey man,
I by no means are an expert, but from what I read, it sounds like your alternator, sorry man.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loco said:
Hey man,
I by no means are an expert, but from what I read, it sounds like your alternator, sorry man.
Im thinking that, But im going to try the battery first if its not that. Ill have two other alternators to choose from(picking up 1 1/2 SR's & LSD tranny tomorrow)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
LuciferBlkG20 said:
Im thinking that, But im going to try the battery first if its not that. Ill have two other alternators to choose from(picking up 1 1/2 SR's & LSD tranny tomorrow)
Thats awesome man, just swap 1 and you should be good to go. The only reason I think its your alty, is that ABS light. I have not had it happen to me yet(knock on wood), but its happened to others with the same symtoms. But double check your grounds just to potentially save you some time and knuckles! :cheeky:

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Definitely sounds like the alternator. You can try battery first but will probably be unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hamzer11 said:
Definitely sounds like the alternator. You can try battery first but will probably be unnecessary.
I knida want to get new one (yellow top gell-cell) because the one i have now is not the right size. Its really strange thow, the car was not running, and everything all of a sudden came back to full power. then it started fine..... Ill check it all and see whats going on tomorrow or sunday.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so i got it fixed, and i didnt have to replace anything, the positive terminal was not making a good connecton due the other power wire useing the oem clip thing, soo i took all off cut the oem clip off and cleaned the main power wire with some soda(cherry pepsi) and hooked it all back up and it started like a champ.
thanks i do have a extra alternator just in case in the future. thanks guys for you imput

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IM doomed!!

Its still doing it but in a differnt way, the radio still goes off and the lights flicker and dim when i hit the brakes and this morning the car ran like crap... when i was driveing the abs light started flashing and the car would not rev when in gear, its hard to explane, it would spike hard when i was trying to gas it and drop and spke reallly fast and did that untell i took it out of gear, and it all stoped when i pushed the AC button in on my controls.... So tomorrow just to be on the safe side, Im going to replace my alternator and ac compressor with the spares i have..... if that dont do it.... i dont know what i will do...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I reaplaced the alternator with a nother and its still doing it. So im going to buy a battery on friday. maybe new connectors to be safe.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
91p10 said:
check your fusible linkage (75amp fuse). can cause the same problems as your car if the fuse is blown/shorted. hope this helps............

thanks man ill check that now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts