Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
help

i have a uk 1999 primera p11 sri with ABS problems at low speed. When braking at slow speed the ABS engages causing the pedal to judder but the wheels are not locking up. can anyone help with that problem. also when running the car hard the exhaust sounds like its blowing but it has no holes and is fine at low temps can anyone help with that one. Nissan in worthing have looked but found nothing on both problems

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
In order for the ABS to engage it has to get a signal from a wheel sensor that that the wheel has stopped. I would take a look to make sure none of your wheel sensors or the trigger ring have been damaged. Also look to make sure the wiring from the sensor is not damaged.
You should be able to locate the exhaust leak once the engine is hot. Have someone rev the engine while you check the exhaust. Usual spots would be engine to mainfold, any point where exhaust pipes join, and perforations in the muffler.
Make sure the emergency brake is on while you are doing this.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I had the same issue recently & changed the outside CV's to cure it (The boots were going as well) Anyways I found that the ABS probes had loads of iron swarf stuck to the sensors (Which was probably the fault) So I cleaned em up ......... Be carefull with the ABS probes, if theys stuck leave em where they are & strip down the assy, My Bro' butchered one of mine to hell & it still needs replacing (Still works tho)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts