Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here'e the deal..im having a series of problems with my 91 G20 but slowly im fixing the minors..but my biggest problem that i have now is the control unit for the ABS is leaking...wait let me refraise that..spraying out everytime i press on the brakes..i dont really want to go to the dealer to get this part because they are trying to tax $1.000 for that part, and i really dont want to go to the junk yard to get the part either if i really dont have to..is there anyway to rebuild this part at a costly price? need help and info.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
where is it leaking from? if its a brake line up grade to Stainless Steel ones..100 bucks..but then again iuno where ur leak is..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If it is a brake line or fitting, any mechanic can fix it for cheap. You need to determine where the leak is coming from, or have a mechanic diagnose it for you. If it turns out that the unit itself is bad, then the junk yard will be the least expensive route.
If you do the work yourself keep in mind that you will have to bleed the brake system afterwards. The bleed sequence stated by Nissan must be followed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive checked the unit and it is not leaking from the lines..it looks like it is leaking from two places..one place is where the line runs threw and the other is around one of the bolts..but nothing is loose.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
if u can take pics cuz..im not sure what u mean..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
thats your abs actuator..pretty expensive thing there..im not sure why it would be sprayin out..but im sure someone will help you out..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just got off the phone with someone in colorado that is selling that part for $150 which includes shipping and a 6 month warranty...im thinking about just going for that to get rid of this headace..the dealer ask $968 for a new one.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sounds like the best way to go. Make sure you bleed the brake system using the method in the FSM. Any other method will not work.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
u might wanna tell him wat that sequence is..he might not have the fsm..or understand it..

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
i know a junk yard car (91-93g20) i can pull that off for you, not sure how much it will cost, ill go to the junk yard off the expressway on my way home and find out. PM me, i might be able to ship the part out for you as soon as saturday. ill check my PMs tonight when i get home. id say expect to pay about $100 shipped.

-tony

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
GDub26 said:
u might wanna tell him wat that sequence is..he might not have the fsm..or understand it..
Well the FSM can be downloaded for free. If he doesn't understand it, then he is best off to have a mechanic do it for him. These are the brakes after all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts