Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan doesn't blow on setting "1". All other settings work fine, and all the venting and temp switches work just fine. But no "1" setting! The air gets pretty cold after a while, and I'm stuck with "2" or nothing. It sucks. Anyone had a similar problem/know a fix?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Blower motor resistor

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mack Damon said:
Could you explain in a little further detail? Where would it be located, on the blower itself?

Thanks
It's under the glovebox and indeed attached to the blower motor assembly. It's held in place by two screws. Takes about 10 minutes to swap - if you take 5 mintues to find it and break for a beer half way through. =)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Geo is correct, it's the blower motor resistor. The same thing happened to me about 2 years ago.
I went to the dealer and paid $10-15 for a new one.
Just look under the glove box with a light and you should be able to locate it. Very easy swap.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Geez, how many prices can I get for this part?

Blower Motor Resistor #27150-62J60

Infiniti Santa Monica - $30

Nissan Santa Monica - $29.50

Nissan Van Nuys - $25

Nissan Culver City - $24.50

Maybe if I call enough places, I gan get the part free. :p

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hey,

I just pulled out the current blower motor resistor and cleaned off the contacts. Put it back in and it worked perfectly. No point in using $30 if you don't have to. :-\

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the screws around the perimeter of the glovebox com out, and I'll be able to see it? I fished a blind hand up in there, and couldn't feel anything but multi-pin socket connectors. Any pictures? Anybody?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mack Damon said:
So the screws around the perimeter of the glovebox com out, and I'll be able to see it? I fished a blind hand up in there, and couldn't feel anything but multi-pin socket connectors. Any pictures? Anybody?

You shouldn't have to remove the glovebox.

Just look underneath/behind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts